Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional lathe tool orientations and correct spindle direction

additional lathe tool orientations and correct spindle direction

I have an Emco cnc lathe that is considered a back tool (slant bed) lathe.  That is, tools engage the workpiece coming from the top left.  This is a common slant-bed lathe configuration.  However, my tool turret allows tools to be rotated 180 degrees in the turret making a right-handed tool with it's point to the left (this then requires one to rotate the workpiece in the opposite direction normal for that cutting tool, M4 vs M3 for example).  The current tool definition does not allow this.  Currently in the tool definition dialog if I define my "Holder" as right-hand, then my "Setup" as Clockwise I get the correct orientation in the simulation, but I get the wrong spindle command of M3 rather than M4 in my post.  If I select counter clockwise in "Setup", I get M4 but the tool appears in the wrong orientation in the simulation. 

A specific example:  I have a threading tool defined as right-handed.  I want to spin the spindle M4 when this tool is selected, but I want this tool to be turned around with it's cutting tip facing away from me and pointing to the left in the simulation.  See attachments.

First attachment shows the orientation I want (and also to have M4 written for direction), tool is facing away and tip to the left.

Second attachement shows what happens if I select right-hand tool buy uncheck Clockwise in "Setup".

1 Comment
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for your idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes. Ideas with 10+ votes within a month are reviewed by the Product Management team for future consideration. If you feel strongly that this is needed, please resubmit with more detail on why you think this is valuable to Fusion 360 users so that the idea gathers some more support from the community. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report