Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deburring Intersecting Holes - CAM Toolpath Needed

Deburring Intersecting Holes - CAM Toolpath Needed

Deburring intersecting holes in Fusion is near impossible. With a couple workaround and tricking the system, the results are marginal at best. What would be great in F360 is a break edge feature/toolpath. Kind of like 2D chamfer, but with more intelligence in the code so that a lollipop cutter (or custom form tool) can be used to break and edge along an intersection and have awareness of the entire tool geometry and the solid that it can use different parts of the flute as needed. The "Flow" tool path is as close as we have been able to get, but is still very limited. A "surface" needs to be created and then the Flow is applied. The toolpath is choppy. You cannot specify a negative "material to leave" so that it actually breaks the edge. It more or less traces the edge of that surface. The only way to cut is to trick the tool setup and say that it is smaller than what what it actually is. I understand that the "flow" path may or may not be designed to do what I am trying to do, but lets create a deburring toolpath that does. I can't be the only user that has this issue?

Below is a link to a GibbsCam feature from a few years ago. I am willing to work with Autodesk developers or independent developers for this toolpath as testing may be required. Maybe some sort of plug-in program in the App Store if it is not released in a future F360 update?

We are currently using Mastercam as their "flowline" toolpath does work ok, but it still isn't designed to deburr like the Gibbs path. Because this feature is used often, not having the capability in F360 is a major hold back from us to migrate 100% away from Mastercam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKUXdUzmX9E&feature=youtu.be

Thanks in advance 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report