Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Workflow Improvements

CAM Workflow Improvements

I program for several different machines and controllers. The way I program toolpaths for each machine varies depending on its functionality. I have my toolpath defaults set up so that I don't have to change much when I program parts for a full feature VMC, but I have to change a lot of the linking parameters for some of our other machines. It is easy to forget one here and there, and I end up reposting a lot.

It would be nice to have multiple sets of default values. They could be selectable on their own or tied to a machine configuration with a post.

2 Comments
al.whatmough
Alumni

Thanks for posting.  This is at the top of my personal list for how machine configurations should work.

I'll be watching closely to see how the community prioritizes this against the other things that need to be done.

n.schotten
Advocate
I would prefer to select the machine that will be used during the initial setup. hereby you can use presets on feeds and speeds.
the tool db should have data per tool, on material and machine. hereby you can use the settings you find work best for a tool on the machine with a cetrain material. that would contain feeds, speeds, stepdown etc.
The way the tool db and machine setup are now, changing the program to work with a different machine or material, you need to go through the entire link list and change just about all settings. the chance to miss one or more is very large. and that will lead to disasters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report