Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of DXF/SVG files when importing these to Fusion 360

Translation of DXF/SVG files when importing these to Fusion 360

Hello,

I'm sure the devs are already aware of the challenges, but I'm doing this following the sugestion of the Autodesk Customer Support, as there is an increasing number of issues regarding this subject.

Importing DXF and SVG files is a huge headache in regard to using that geometry with Fusion's modelling tools. Namely, filleting and drafting - and probably any other tool that's not Press/Pull or Extrude.

Quoting support on this matter:

Fusion DXF or SVG import lacks the ability to convert arcs or splines into geometry that is native to Fusion sketch tools so you can further manipulate them and thus I highly discourage from importing DXF and SVG data and expect that all will work fine.

( Devs - check out case #15622587 )

The current workaround is retracing the geometry imported from the DXF/SVG file with Fusion's own sketch tools.

As an Autodesk Manufacturing Products Master Reseller, this is quite a dreadful issue to explain to a customer - either an inquiring one or a user.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Miguel Russo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report