Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save color cycling with model

Save color cycling with model

Everything is in the title ! everytime i open a model with components the first think i do is N to toggle color cycling on as it's not saved with the model.

This is really anoying on 2 accounts :

1. You think the colors will be stored with the model > wrong. So when showing a model through A360, if you haven't set material appearance for your model, it's monochromatic wich doesn't help to identify parts of the assembly
  2. each time you open up a model and toggle color cycling you have different colors on the components. When i do need to make captures for clients, they are lost as the same part shows in different color each time

Please when we activate color cycling, save the colors with the model !

thx.

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a pretty obvious annoyance that should be picked. Make the non-appearance based color be a property you can set on the component. When the component is created it selects the next color, and saves it into the properties. Right clicking the component and choosing properties will show a color swatch where you can select a different color, so you can visually group similar components together.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous That would be such a great solution. It's simple and very effective. I myself get confused and find it annoying when making new components and it's the same color as another component right next to it. I can't tell where one component starts and the other begins.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another great addition to Color Cycling Toggle, would be an actual Cycling function, sometimes if you have many components you will get 2 adjacent components with the same color, which defeats the purpose somehow, it would be great if there was an option to "re-shuffle" the colors, to avoid 2 adjacent components having the same color.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be great if they also allowed the colors to transfer over to drawings!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report