Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Offline Mode

Real Offline Mode

I have to work offline on a project, but I am confused about the offline mode. It says you can work offline for up to two weeks. But how can you save your project? and reopen it? When I am in offline mode, the save button is greyed out. I understand all the benefits of the cloud but Fusion needs a real offline mode, where data management is handled in a simpler way. 

11 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor

You must have a bug or something you can go of line for 90 days if you wont and save and open saved files when offline, I just did it as a test.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, definetly no bug. So in offline mode i can work and save and as soon as I am online, the project gets uploaded. Ok, BUT when I open Fusion next time, without internet connection I cannot access my file, no matter if I added it to offline cache before. If I try to export the project and save it locally, I can open it offline but it's Read only! So far I cannot see the possibility to work completely offline for an extended amount of time. I really enjoy Fusion for it's modeling and the A360 app, but all that cloud thing makes things complicated. Furthermore, the company I work at is interested in Fusion (it's a huge global company) BUT the cloud is making things tooo complicated for our IT-security. If Fusion had a REAL offline mode we would have already started using it.

Today I am experiencing also another problem: my recent data is gone. I have access to my projects in A360 but in Fusion 360 its not visible.

daniel_lyall
Mentor

Are you sure it has uploaded properly 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The whole point is about working offline and not uploading. I am talking about that offline cache function, so far it doesnt work for me.

PinRudolf
Advocate

I had not noticed before but did a quick test and it is indeed not possible to save the file when offline. (I tested by pulling the internet connection and by toggling the offline switch) The help files seem to suggest that saving should be possible. Have you reported this a bug?

TrippyLighting
Consultant

You cannot add files to the cache while you are offline. Fusion only allows you to add files to that cache while you are online , because the it knows that the data is already online and only then downloads that data to the cache.

HughesTooling
Consultant

I just did a test and all works as expected. I am able to save existing designs and save new, below I used save as to create an offline copy then created a 2d drawing from the file. Tried closing and reopening Fusion and all works the same as online. After opening the design did you make an edit as the save button is greyed until you've made changes.

I did notice files saved offline don't show in My Recent Data but only show in the project they're created in.

page.png

Mark

miguel.palma82
Collaborator

If you want to save your offline work! you must export your files! choose the export option and then select "save to my computer" It works!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The main problem is, that when started without an internet connection, Fusion doesn't recognize my license and I cannot save files at all. Exported files or offline cache are no use then.

miguel.palma82
Collaborator

Thats weird,

I´m already start fusion 360 without internet conection, and all looks perfect!Screenshot (46).png

PinRudolf
Advocate

I confirm it works for me as well now. Might have been fixed with the latest update? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report