Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joystick support as 3d mouse

joystick support as 3d mouse

it would be Really cool if there was support within fusion for external inputs.  like using a joystick as a 3d mouse. It would allow any working joystick to orbit and button press etc. This would open up a huge number of options for makers to build there own input devices and custom controllers semi traditional or fully gesture based. Which could be designed and shared and personalized within the fusion 360 community, breaking the boundaries of traditional interface and helping individuals who may not have function of using one. 

5 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor

You can do it now with arduino or teensie controlled mouse, I made one last year and it work, there just needs more user control settings in fusion for a mouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly there are so man platforms which can be used as interface controller but often the software does not allow it to work properly. 

A joystick has all the hardware necessary and readily available.

and an Arduino has endless opertunities for analog input and is easy to make wireless to boot. Would really love fusion to build in the software extras

daniel_lyall
Mentor

I might have to test my one again, but yer they they do need more. And I am one of the people who do need this sort of thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How many axis was you mouse?

would love to see some pics no matter how pototypie it is

daniel_lyall
Mentor

It is this one https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9032 connected to this board https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13305 as it turned out this board is way too fast and I had to slow the mouse movement control down, but you can add a lot of buttons to it.

I will dig the script out and posted it as well

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report