Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLE CALLOUTS IN DRAWINGS

PLEASE. THIS IS BASIC FUNCTIONALITY. 

I would definitely consider hole callouts to be one of the most important features of a drawing environment. I would place this far above feature control frames, with similar importance to linear dimensions.

I see you had it on the 2016 roadmap, but where is this functionality? I'm getting really tired of typing hole callouts.

Hole tables would be pretty nice (required) too.

Thanks! 

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that this is basic functionality!

pemerick
Contributor

Yes, it's crazy that this feature isn't included. There's comments from 2016 requesting this. I'm trying to move over to Fusion 360 from Solidworks because I really like the tight integration with Eagle but, if I can't quickly dimension drawings based on up-to-date 3D information, the software is useless to me!

sterlingcrispin
Explorer

agreed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just made the switch from SW. Very surprised this isn't available. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. This is one of the biggest deficiencies in the Drawing capabilities. Not being able to dynamically like the hole call out to the feature means if you change the hole in the design, you have to manually update the text! This makes me consider going back to SW.

JoeWight
Contributor

I just taught a class two hours ago on creating drawings for mechanical engineering students at MIT. They're learning Solidworks but I'm in Fusion showing off how cool it is. Everything's going alright and then I go to call out a hole and.....what a minute....where's the button? It's got to be in here somewhere......no.....I can't seem to find it. I know I've seen it before. Turns out I was thinking of Solidworks. I had to go over to the dark side to show them one of the most basic features of any drawing. Sad. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report