Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Sketches

Group Sketches

There's an option to group bodies but not sketches. Not sure why is that but I think there's a benefit on it when you have 50+ sketches and you have to scroll through them to either find a sketch or go to bottom components if you don't want to collapse/expand sketch master folder.

Overall, this could save time and clicks.

2 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Most people building large assemblies will follow rule #1 and create components for each part so you're no likely to end up with lots of sketches in one component and overall design management is simplified. Not sure what sort of priority you'll get for your idea as it's not really a standard workflow.

Just letting you know about Rule #1 as it might help you now rather than waiting maybe years for what you're after.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a needed feature and I have seen it requested multiple times.  Its almost nonsense why it hasn't been implemented since its such a basic and simple idea/concept.

@HughesTooling  I have you seen you comment multiple times in the past about using an incorrect work flow.  That may be the case for your process but people may like to work differently and it's ignorant for autodesk to not provide tools that may accommodate that.  Also there are cases where this can benefit outside of large assemblies. I use Fusion primarily for manufacturing and need to add surface bodies and work constraining geometry.  more often then not a sketch for one cant be used for the other. I would like to simply put construction sketches in a folder and manufacturing sketches in another to allow me to filter what I need quicker.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report