Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion personal server

Fusion personal server

in many companies the cloud is not allowed for reasons of company policy
this limits very Fusion 360, as everyone knows well

is possible create a server software license with hardware specifications dictated by Autodesk
I can install the Fusion server in my company with a number of defined licenses
and create my own personal cloud.

7 Comments
Not to speak for them but AD's answer to people in that common situation seems to be a resounding «no» on religious grounds
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

in your opinion Customers (like design studios)  who work for companies such as:  maserati, Fiat, Pagani, agustawestland, beretta, BMW, Mercedes  ecc

what kind of response have when they explain that their data is in the cloud.

Every time it's come up, AD has insisted that the cloud is core to the product and they've been someplace between «we don't care» and actually telling people not to use the product if that doesn't fit their needs.

It's maddening because unlike OnShape, F360 is a local application with cloudy features.

Keep lobbying though - maybe they'll see the light ?

My guess is that leaving AWS would be very hard but there is at least Virtual Private Cloud within AWS (though I can't imagine that'd satisfy internal storage requirements any more than what they're doing now)
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my idea is not make  Fusion 360 in local
Fusion 360 is perfect the way it is

I think that be able to choose where to use the cloud would be a great freedom

especially if the cloud can be in a private server. This is my idea if Autodesk does not like... patience

Got that but a local option would be a simple / obvious step toward what you want.

Running their infrastructure on a virtual private cloud would be challenging but much easier than running on commodity hardware and they've consistently pooh poohed both of those

Patience is good and persistence carved the Grand Canyon so I encourage both.. but be aware that you may have to wait until the sun becomes a red giant 🙂
daniel_lyall
Mentor
there is a lot of back ground stuff going on that works in the cloud, to have it local net there is a lot of function you would lose. if they allowed local cloud they would need to provide the function that are in the cloud, and they would have to do it so people with Apple and windows computers could do it, but then they would have to do by the type of local cloud system being used. it would be another big project for them what they would have to set up a team for and tipple the prices of fusion to pay for it.
promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

@Anonymous,

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to archived due to the nature of the request.  Here is a link from a thread on offline, please read the response from schneik.  Although your request is slightly different our response is the same for intention behind Fusion 360.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/cloud-and-online-work/idi-p/4652787/page/14#comments

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report