Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter X Y Z coordinates while sketching.

Enter X Y Z coordinates while sketching.

I really miss the ability to trace an existing object in A360 in a new sketch. I find I'm going back to TurboCAD to create a DXF of what I want and then import it into A360.

TC has a great feature in that I can create a sketch by either entering coordinates of what I want for each point one by one or I can reference a point from the last point by line length and angle. This I guess is mainly for multi-sided objects but it is what 80% of my work consists of. See example attached.

I make jigs and often the CAD side is to document what I have actually made that works in practice. 

PS I'm finally taking the 3D plunge after 15 years of 2.5D

Cheers Wallace.

2 Comments
donzapple
Participant

X Y Z points are very fundamental, I am surprised there is no native import mechanism such as .csv or similar formats.

My application uses point clouds such as:  UniqueID, X, Y, Z, Attribute1, Attribute2, Attribute3  to describe an object with additional data such as colour or temperature. A large point cloud could be 2,500,000 points which is far beyond my ability to manually enter.

When the data is processed, the result should be a surface mesh ideally which can then be manipulated as a surface or a solid.

By extension, any  dataImport.app should also permit simple model primitives such as line, rect, circle, etc to be externally generated in a Fusion-friendly way.

carl-bartlett
Contributor

I am Also finding the lack of XYZ interface to be difficult to work around. It would be nice to have a line feature where you can select 2D or 3D and if 3D enter xyz for beginning point and subsequent points or free hand with mouse click as soon as you move to position.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report