Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEVEE is running in circles around Fusion 360!

EEVEE is running in circles around Fusion 360!

While the Fusion 360's render engine is painfully slow, Blender's new EEVEE engine (used in the viewports) renders in REAL TIME! Have a look at the EEVEE Demo video that even shows volumetric rendering in real time!

On top of this we have the so famous Cycles engine for final renders, also running in loops around Fusion 360's Render engine.

This is a common file for Cycles bench mark testing. This image was rendered in about 2.13 minutes!
(https://community.gamedev.tv/t/bmw-test-in-blender-2-8-cycles-and-eevee/85737)

9780f0418136d061a49edef8a94c8d88e1ad1642[1].jpeg

Fusion 360 Rendered a 16 teth Spur Gear in 17:48 minutes!?! (Final render).
We would expect that a a big company such as Autodesk would use cutting edge technology but they seems to be light years behind....

The perfect match would be to have Fusion 360's tools and workflow in Blender, but we can't get everything. At least Fusion 360 could have a look at Blender's render technologies. Both EEVEE and Cycles are open source.

7 Comments
SwApNiLbAd
Advocate
YES fusion360 takes too much of time for render but I am still fan of fusion. there should be some upgradation in render of fusion360.
SEIZMICdesign
Collaborator

Hah yeah Blender does insane rendering, but that's kindov one of it's "things". If we could get a fraction of what blender's got going on would be nice! At least we've got easy HDRI import! 

subversivespeed
Collaborator

I wish that Fusion 360 would just concentrate on knocking out all the bugs at this point... I just want it to be as stable, fast, and useable as it was about 2 years ago... Seems the addition of new features didn't do it any favors. 

TrippyLighting
Consultant

@subversivespeed spot on!

subversivespeed
Collaborator

As an aside, and I don't think its just me, it does seem that rendering on Fusion has slowed somehow in the past few upgrades/iterations?  

So, I think the Fusion render engine may be fine it may be some clunky code slowing the rendering... 

Or, maybe Fusion is undergoing a planned obsolescence to drive us actively away from it so we are sort of "forced" to upgrade to Inventor, Alias, etc?  I mean, if I was a company I may be inclined to do that and let our Fusion designs simply end as a translator into one of the higher dollar packages, a distant afterthought similar to what happened to Keycad, etc. 

SEIZMICdesign
Collaborator

@subversivespeed  interesting thought. I always thought it was a little bass ackwards that they allowed unlimited cloud rendering for the free tiers but then once you start paying then they charge you for cloud rendering. Seems like that would be one of the catches of the free license - you have to pay for cloud renders but still obviously have the ability to render locally with the paying licensees getting benefit of cloud rendering. Now that my company is paying for a couple licenses ive had to revert to local renders only. Kinda silly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Autodesk are focussing the render efforts in their VRED software after having discontinued "Showcase" in 2017. It is NOT always a good thing to mashup every-single-tool-you-need in one software package, - but Modules are nice.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/vred/overview

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report