Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Idea Submission Posts?

Edit Idea Submission Posts?

I thought I managed to edit one of my idea submissions, possibly the first one I made, but if that is the case that I managed to edit a post, then it would be odd that I can't seem to figure out how to do that again and edit other idea submission posts that I have created to fix grammar and structure issues or to add more or less information or to do any type of changes what so ever.

Is editing idea submission posts not possible? Was I just imagining that I edited my first submission due to the possibility that editing a post is not possible? (haha)

Well I'll just say that it would be great if us members can edit our posts after they have been put on the site. I don't see how its possible after looking around for awhile so I guess its an idea worth mentioning. If its not possible I'll have to remember to use the preview function of the post page features.

3 Comments
aaron.tw
Alumni

Hey @Anonymous - 

We don't allow editing on our posts due to the archival nature of our forums and also to maintain the integrity of the conversations we hold.

To request edits from our moderator.

1. Click the "report" button on any post.

2. Say you'd like to revise grammar/spelling

3. Paste the full new text you want in place of the original text.

Thanks for submitting on the forums 🙂

-Aaron

HughesTooling
Consultant

There's a time limit on editing posts. I think on the ideastation you have to click the post comment icon then when you're on this page use the Options menu top left of the first post. Don't know what the time limit is.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to both of you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report