Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DXF File Format

DXF File Format

Why don't we have a DXF Export Option? Most CNC Water Jets, CNC Mills, CNC Plasma, Laser Cutters use DXF format with an Option for using older versions of DXF, Autocad R10 and above.

4 Comments
miguel.palma82
Collaborator

Hi there!

that option already exist.

go to the browser, and right click in your scketch, an look for the save as dxf file.

keqingsong
Community Manager

@Anonymous did @miguel.palma82 solve your need? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This needs to be bumped and addressed. You guys are making great strides doing some great fixes and I know software guys want everyone to be up to date, HOWEVER some equipment just is not simple or cost effective to upgrade software it uses. We also cannot force our customers to upgrade either.

SO PLEASE GIVE US AN OPTION TO CHOOSE WHAT TYPE OF DXF TO EXPORT, R12 R18 R27 etc etc.(backdate when we export)

When guys here have to use a FREE software to convert, we might as well use that to draw up quick 2d to waterjet/laser. Not all parts that make money are advance 3d objects. 

Thanks for your time.

benDMDZJ
Participant

Exporting a drawing not just a single sketch is critical for my consulting business.

Some sheet metal parts consist of more than 10 sketches.

Also critical is to export the sheet metal flat patterns as DXF.

If this option does not get added to Fusion 360 it will be useless for my business to purchase renewals on my 2 seats.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report