Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing views

Drawing views

I would like to see an option to take something that is not square to the view cube and be able to create a drawing view that is square to a face or side of the part. I need this to easily show how to cut a piece, but being on a skew in the drawing makes it difficult to decipher what my dimensions are pointing to and where they are coming from. 

2 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

You can use named views for this. Just select a face and click Look At from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, than create a Named View. When you create your drawing select the named view as your base view, don't forget to save the design if you add a view after the drawing's been created.

There is one drawback, if you move the part there's no way to realign the Named View to the new orientation so it's best to leave creating views until the projects finished.

Mark

hmaxey
Participant

Thank you, I thought there was a way to do this, but I could not find it on the forum. Wasn't using the right search terms I guess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report