Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Environment - Improvements

Drawing Environment - Improvements

The drawing environment needs to be improved.  A few things that I think would help:

1. Sketch tool - something that allows you to draw lines, circles, etc. that aren't part of the model geometry.  Also the ability to export the drawing to a more generic CAD format (like .dxf) would be nice. 
  2. Easier to make a custom title block.  (and add some model properties like weight, volume, etc).  
  3. Object snap on/off.  When trying to click and drag things to make small adjustments to position, object snap is a nuisance.  Adjustable object snap points (like in AutoCAD) would be nice too
  4. Ability to move details and sections to a separate page.
  5. More control of labeling details and sections (right now the first one created is 'A' and it goes from there.  No ability to change afterwards)
  6. The ability to add an "All Around" symbol to a text leader
  7. Ability to show the C. of G. location on a drawing (and dimension)
  8. Break lines for large parts
  9. Auto generate dimensions

These are the things that come to mind.  If anyone knows of a way to currently do any of the things listed above, definitely feel free to let me know.  

Thanks

8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for object snap on and off. How I would do it: Shortcut to enable and disable and some kind of press and hold key that enables snap when it's disabled and disables it when it's enabled.

kristincharlesolsen
Contributor

I've also noticed some missing GD&T symbols:

• "All over" (two concentric circles on a leader)
  • Unilateral tolerance symbol (U with circle around it)
ylevine
Advocate

Instead of a sketch tool in the drawing environment, they gave us the ability to make a sketch in the model environment and then show it in the drawing. Only problem is that you cannot control the line style of that sketch in the drawing. 

kristincharlesolsen
Contributor

One more thing:

- Calling out threads should be more automatic.  Currently I have to create a text leader and manually enter information about the thread.

ylevine
Advocate

+1 Calling out threads

steveHDPJT
Advocate

100000% agreed on all counts with everything in this thread. The drawings are a joke.

mdpcadsolutions
Contributor

The ability to callout weldment symbols. I would also like to see spell check. Lastly, I would like to see similar drawing functionality as in Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor etc. Fusion 360 has incorporated a lot of ideas and features from their competitors, they should continue the trend and make more improvement in the drawing environment.

dandal71
Explorer

The drawing section es very very very poor. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report