Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts + tool search

Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts + tool search

Hello,

I am new to Fusion, but I just wanted to add to what the community is asking for. Maybe it'll get more attention and be added quickly.

I come from working in Cinema 4D and 3D Coat and those two softwares are very customizable. From the workspace layouts, to custom menus and keyboard shortcuts of course, here's what i suggest that i think can really speed up workflow.

1.- If I hit Shift+C on my keyboard while working on Cinema 4D, a window pop up will ask me to type in and it'll search for tools that I type in. This really speeds up things since I can just start to type in what I want to do and I get suggestions based on the letter combinations.

2017-07-26 18_58_30-CINEMA 4D R17.016 Studio (R17) - [Untitled 1] - Main.png

2.- Ability to add keyboard shortcuts on the fly. In 3D coat, you can hover your mouse over pretty much anything and assign a keyboard shortcut without having to go to preferences and menus. Just hover, hit the END key and assign the shortcut. Pretty handy.

2017-07-26 19_09_48-Photos.png

3.- Options for navigation in the scene (pan, zoom, orbit). coming from other software I honestly hate having to middle mouse click to move around. Personally I prefer a keyboard+mouse combination. Here's an example of navigation in C4D:

• Press and hold 1 key + left click = Pan 
  • Press and hold 2 key + Left click = Zoom
  • Press and hold 3 key + Left click = Orbit
  • Press and hold 3 key + right click = Roll

I think this is an easier way to navigate the scene, but overall just having the ability to set custom shortcuts would do.

Thanks!

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you press S it brings up the toolbox, which is what you seem to be looking for with #1. Check out this link: https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/quick-tip-the-s-key/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous yes, I actually came to the forum to update the thread, thanks for that! the S key menu works like a charm

Anonymous
Not applicable

3. You can already change the Navigation to (Alias, Inventor, Fusion, Solidworks). e.g. you could try Inventor, it is exactly what you want (F1,F2,F3 key + Mouse).

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Thank you for the feedback. I tried it and even though it is close to what I am referring to, it's still not the best approach, specially because of the roll functionality we have in Cinema 4D. In fusion you either roll the camera all the time or you don't.

Please watch the GIF I included in my idea here > https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/extra-control-for-camera-roll/idi-p/7308444

You'll see how you can roll the camera on demand and snap back to the default really easily

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

Hey all, thanks for the discussion. We have customizable keyboard shortcuts work slated right after we finish a existing UI project. The OP's #2 idea in this post is something we're investigating. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
A big thumbs-up for me on this suggestion. I’m so used to being able to Shift+drag to pan in drawing and image editing applications that it’s a major frustration not being able to do the same in Fusion.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Magic Mouse Features for center click button.  Not thrilled with this at all.  Get options ASAP.  This is a deal breaker.

micwanyoike
Explorer

Still waiting for customizable keyboard shortcuts. Am also used to Shift+Drag for panning. I keep rotating the model by mistake quite frequently

feklee
Enthusiast

I'd like to have shortcuts like in Rhino's perspective viewport:

• right mouse button: rotate
  • Ctrl + right mouse button: zoom
  • Shift + right mouse button: pan

Any chance?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report