Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customisable hotkeys & workspace

Customisable hotkeys & workspace

Hi there,

Many of us come from other CAD programmes with specific arrangements for the hotkeys and the workspace,

If there was an interface for us to input a command such as ALT+S for the spline tool or CTRL+ALT+Y to switch axis for toggle 3d sketching planes.

hotkeys.jpg

For the workspace, it'd be handy to relocated the workspace browser to be either horizontal, vertical, to seperate the tiles and make additional workspaces for those of us who have multiple monitors.

workspace.jpg

8 Comments

I agree, hotkeys are extremely useful and I find they make software much more enjoyable. I would go so far as to say that every action that can be performed by clicking should also be a hotkey, or typed command

TrippyLighting
Consultant

I agree as well, but will not vote on this as I already have. This is the most requested "new idea" wiht over 180 votes and is already in process of being implemented in tree phases with phase 1 already implemented.

There is no reason to add another idea with the same content.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The way to find ideas already in progress should be easier to find, rather than spending too much time going through all the 'new' ideas, just incase there's something that matches. Perhaps these similar threads can be merged if they cover the same point.

Otherwise please tell me how you make sure your idea is 'new'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please feel free to link the forum you're talking about because I can't seem to find it- again problematic to prevent this from happening if you see this as a problem with addressing.

TrippyLighting
Consultant

This floats permanently at the top of the Idea Station and is really hard to miss:

Most Voted: Keyboard shortcuts. 192 votes.

IdeaStation.PNG

Tat topic has many posts and is about more than just keyboard shortcuts but also votes for full customization.

When you enter "hotkeys" ito teh search bar that also comes up as oneof the suggestions.

This is all right in the Idea Sttion and not some other forum 😉

crystaldragon141
Explorer

I have multiple monitor and I would really love the ability to expand my workspace from a single monitor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

... N for NURBS CV curvs 😉

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for your idea, this is getting archived because it is two different ideas with a lack of votes.  The first idea of custom hot keys has been implemented with the S-Key in the last release.  If you would feel the solution does not meet you needs please submit a separate IdeaStation request.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/keyboard-shortcuts/idi-p/3948259

Cheers, 

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report