Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculator inside Fusion 360 quality of life change

Calculator inside Fusion 360 quality of life change

One small change I would like to see with the internal calculator is when you tab out of the text field you just input  your formula into I would like to see it auto complete the formula and show the answer to the formula right away.

This would be exceptionally helpful in the Manufacturing workspace for me, however there are many advantages in every other aspect of fusion.

As of now in the Manufacturing work-space you have to type your formula into the box and when you tab out of the box it still shows the formula. You then have to press "ok" and the box closes out. When you re open and edit that same tool path the box now shows the answer to the formula.

Often times I like to use these boxes as quick calculators instead of typing out the entire formula that I need.

IE.

(.9-.3)*6 =

This is tedious to type out

however If I could type to first part of the formula then tab and it propagates the answer I can then add my next computation in that box

.9-.3 *TAB* = .6     Then

.6*6 *TAB* = 3.6 

This would make doing these calculations that much faster within fusion. Because of the way this feature works now, If I have to do any sort of complex formula I just bust out the calculator as it feels much less tedious and I never have to leave the screen or box I am on. I welcome any other Ideas to expand on this or problems that may arise from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report