Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser based CAD/CAM

Browser based CAD/CAM

I know Autodesk has expressed and aggresively repugnant view of Linux. Similarly, at our makerspace we have a similar view towards the DRM embedded systems produced by Microsoft and Apple. If Fusion 360 was converted to a browser based system instead of a tethered one both issues would be solved. Going forward it would be far easier to maintain code that works in an OS agnostic browser than separate repos for the same program.

6 Comments

Don't kill me just trying to understand your view here:

How would you see this?

I mean if it would be OS agnostic, should it run in all browsers?

If so how would you see that in being easier to maintain than 2 OS's?

HughesTooling
Consultant

Have you seen Project Ieopard, don't know if it will get CAM as well though.

Mark

Edit http://www.develop3d.com/blog/2015/11/autodesk-launches-browser-based-fusion-360-beta

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

As @HughesTooling mentioned, Project Leopard is our browser version of Fusion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't help but notice I don't see any signs of a web based version anywhere on the Fusion site and projectleopard.com seems to be down. 

What are the odds of getting Fusion 360 running on Ubuntu?  

HughesTooling
Consultant

@Anonymous Have a look through this forum, look for Fusion in browser. Not sure if anyone's tried it with linux, have you got a Fusion account?

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @HughesTooling, I didn't realize there was a preview available for this.  I signed up, but we shall see if I can get access.

Fingers crossed that this will work on Chrome 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report