Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM List Editing

BOM List Editing

It would be great to be able to edit the BOM in the drawing module. Currently it is difficult and frustrating to include part numbers and product descriptions, as well as break up assemblies into subassemblies. If we were able to manually change the BOM it would make a huge difference in the creation of part drawings for assemblies.

12 Comments
scott.price
Autodesk

Thanks for the note -

More accessible BOM editing is being designed and will be coming to Fusion; really do appreciate you calling it out.

Are there any other frustrations you're having with the BOM or balloons, or something you feel is missing?

Best,

Scott

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing on this yet either?

scott.price
Autodesk

@Anonymous - 

Some improvements are coming to the BOM over the June and July releases - Overriding content hasn't been tackled yet, but we'll keep you posted.

Best,

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scott.price

Nice, that's very much aprreciated. Thank you.

rmcgurk
Enthusiast

I would love to be ably to edit the BOM. sometimes it is needed.

I hope you make that change soon in fusion

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is very frustrating, having no power to edit BOMs or even configure the balloons to your own preferences in the drawing mode.

Any updates on this issue?

thanks

yebyps
Enthusiast
  • We need to be able to add custom fields in the BOM for things like length, width etc which may not be obvious from the model. 
  • There should be a field which reads the material assigned and inserts the specific gravity and a custom value for that material which represents material cost plus manufacturing overhead. 
  • Calculated fields are required to work out cost per component. 
  • There should be a totals function and sumproduct function. 

skligman
Participant

Is it possible to exclude part that is included in my assembly from showing in the BOM?

alucero49
Participant

Would like to be able to edit the BOM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, editing the BOM is essential.  To me the system is too rigid.  Having been brought up in the good old days with linen and ink, perhaps I'm old fashioned but I call the assembly Item 1, which then comprises items 2-XX.  It may also include items that are adapted standards - e.g. a fake rivet for appearances sake, cut down to less than plate thickness and welded in.  The rivet is standard, it just needs a note to say cut it down.

There may also be handed assemblies, which I would label item 1 and item 2.  Each may comprise the same items or one or two of them might beg 'as drawn' or 'opposite hand'.  the BOM would need editing to reflect this.

When the assembly and details are in separate drawings the material should be suppressed on the assembly - it belongs solely on the detail drawing.

It should be easier  to enter non-US standard materials as well, much time can be wasted going back on this to the model when for many items the material is just what is available in a particular part of the world.  Much of my work is done in mild steel.

Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report