Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection for Fusion

Bolted Connection for Fusion

Hi All,

Please let me take an advantage of this great forum to get feedback to an idea of doing a Bolted Connection tool for Fusion.

Here is a link to video that demonstrates the proposal: http://youtu.be/7ev8vtVPY3A. The idea is simple: provide one click solution for modeling productivity. Simple UI and workflow optimized for Designers. Quick geometry generation, but no BOM (Bill Of Material) data.

Bolted Connection

I’m leading a small development team in Autodesk that just joined the Fusion family to help to make it even more successful. There is nothing better than getting feedback directly from You – Fusion users. Please take a look at the video and let me know your opinions, suggestions and thoughts. I would really appreciate it.

(If that kind of direct communication between development and customer community would be interesting to you I may be setting up a blog here – we did also a proposal for Gear tool that would quickly produce gears with exact geometry ready for 3D printing and some other interesting stuff.)

Thanks for your time,

Vasek

62 Comments
petrara
Advocate

Maybe if the feature is made truly parametric, with the possibility for user-made bolts to be used, then would be no reason for restrictions.

All it needs is a set of rules to follow if the user wants to build a special type of bolt. This technique is by far new... many other software use it.

Jacob553
Explorer

What happened to the bolted connection?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report