Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additive Manufacturing File Format (AMF) export

Additive Manufacturing File Format (AMF) export

Add an AMF export option to Fusion360 to get ahead of the curve on the FDM market's slow changeover to the format.  As eventually the 3d hobbiests and small business concerns are going to demand the abilities to incorporate print color, texture and microstructures into the file exported for postprocessing/slicing currently available to only the very high end manufacturers.

12 Comments
deyop
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
I think you are right about support for AMF format. There are going to be just too many opportunities for rapid prototyping that will depend on this extended STL format. We are currently evaluating support for AMF but appreciate this specific request. We tracking it with backlog item: FUS-12247. Thanks
schneik-adsk
Community Manager

You can user meshmixer as a 3D print preview. From Fusion 360 export a body as stl and choose the option to send to meshmixer. Then cancel out of the preview. This returns you to meshmixer's modeling environment from which you can export as AMF.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Anonymous
Not applicable

Color in a separted file, will be apreciated (.vrml).

7P332B5QTVW4MF
Enthusiast

SolidWorks has added AMF export with SW2015.

But they have not fully implemented it yet.

Currently supports:

• Mesh Output
  • Material tags
  • Color tags

Does not support:

• Curved triangles
  • Unit tag

Right now it exports every AMF with the units of meter, even though there is a menu item with the other standard units listed.

Beat 3D Sysatems to the punch!

UNCERTAINTY
Community Visitor

how do you send projects to manufactues

7P332B5QTVW4MF
Enthusiast

I have a new 3D printer on the way, the Prusa i3 MK2 with the kit that allows 4 materials to be printed in one job. I am also able to design mutlibody parts in Fusion with clever combines or body split operations. I'm ready to use Fusion360 and this new tech to the fullest. What we really need is a single file format output that allows for 4 different materials types to be printed at once. AMF is the format for this. If you skip the hard problem of curved triangles, a multibody single file export is not too hard. PLease prioritize this feature!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please add AMF support to Fusion 360 as well!!

7P332B5QTVW4MF
Enthusiast

I finally got that new printer and am working on a project that could REALLY use the multi-body feature of the AMF. If I want different parts of a design to get different infills, colors, or materials, I need a single AMF file to make this process easier.

7P332B5QTVW4MF
Enthusiast

AMF export please! Multi-material and multi color 3d printing is happening now. We need design tools that can output these formats.

stephen.k.cooper
Explorer

I too have the MMU version of the Prusa printer. Specifying color in Fusion is *so* much easier than in PrusaSlicer. Please support AMF.

stephen.k.cooper
Explorer

(Or 3mf)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report