Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Offset Line" Sketch tool

Add "Offset Line" Sketch tool

Lots of other CAD programs have the ability to directly create a line with a line at a given offset. For example, an inner and outer wall.

Furthermore, the ability to specify "inner", "outer" (or "left"/"right")  and/or "both" (symetrical) offsets would be nice, too.

Another option to leave or remove the "base" line would be good to. (Maybe you wanted to keep ONLY the offset line, or the outer lines, but not the middle one).

On that note - inner/outer/symetrical options (particularly "symetrical") options would be nice options for the existing sketch "offset" feature.

Another good option would be to "automatically" create the "base" line as a construction line. This would mean I would (for example) create a "base" line as a midpoint (which would become only a construct line) - and left-and-right "symetrical" outer lines to create a "wall" with thickness. Afterwards, I could only change the (middle/base) "construction" line - and the outer lines would parametrically fix themsleves.

Right now - I often have to draw a line, make an offset to the line (on one side), then an offset to the other side, then delete the center line to create a "wall with thickness". I should be able to do this in a single operation.

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Offset a line from a line is a pretty fast sketch tool. Line from a line or feature like a circle center etc.

colin.smith
Alumni
This item has been archived due to a lack of votes. If you feel this item is important feel free to create a new idea station item.
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report