Fusion 360 Feedback Hub
Look for threads tagged [OPEN] that interest you, and give your feedback to Fusion 360 Product Managers, User Experience Designers, and Researchers. Only Autodesk staff may author posts, any community member may comment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Open] New Ideas for Fusion’s Dialog

231 REPLIES 231
Message 1 of 232
yirang.choe
17152 Views, 231 Replies

[Open] New Ideas for Fusion’s Dialog

Hi All,

The Fusion team wants your feedback as we shape the future of dialogs in Fusion. Help us by sharing your experience and ideas. To participate, please click here: Take the survey.

Labels (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 61 of 232

Edit : One more feature can be implemented. Just like AutoCAD, the spacebar/enter keys can be used to repeat the last used tool/feature (people like me find it more convenient to use spacebar instead of right click for the purpose). When there are shortcut keys for tools/features, it makes sense to have one for the 'last used tool/feature' as well.
Message 62 of 232
nakFNE2G
in reply to: yirang.choe

would be nice to have more attribute tags for the title blocks, such as Materials, tolerances, etc, etc

Message 63 of 232
kennymillar

So sad to see no mention od Dark Mode!

Message 64 of 232
davidSWEUU

I use slots a lot and always get frustrated that I don't have 3 specific features:

1) Total length/width of slot, placed at a centre point. currently the overall length slot is only for the straight, and doesn't include the radius at each end. and the centre point slot is similar, but only uses half the length, not including the radius.  being able to say I want a .88 (total length) slot at X centre point would be gold for me!

2) in the drawings area there is no easy way to get a slot centre point. each slot takes a few steps. centre of radius', centre of slot from radius points, centre of width.

3) Ability to easily dimension size of slot in drawings.  (slot XxX) using the same or similar dimension tool used to note radius/diameter of circle.

This makes slot usage time consuming and prone to error.

Message 65 of 232

Hi,

Please make the "Mesh" selectable...

It's really frustrating to not be able to pick some points on an imported mesh in order to place a Plane, or pick a point as origin/destination translation.

Many Thanks

Message 66 of 232
Anonymous

It would be nice if dialog boxes kept the last used options, for example: about 99% of the time when I open an extrude dialog it is to create a New Component, yet it always defaults to New Body, it would save me thousands of mouse clicks if after I select "New Component" first time in the session, it came back up each time with "New Component" selected. It would also save me a lot of frustration when I'm on a deadline, going hard as I can designing the framing for a building only to find out I've created a lot of Bodies because I forgot to go down and click "New Component" each time.

Message 67 of 232
Anonymous

It would be great to be able to sort and rearrange components in the Browser.  I have  need many times to group all 2X4X8' boards and separate them from the 2X4X92 5/8" Precut Studs for review, as well as any other length 2X4's. 

Message 68 of 232
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous - regarding remembering dialog selections.  Some inputs ARE remembered, and we can control it on an input-by-input basis.  However, in the case of the boolean operation in Extrude, we made a conscious decision not to remember that one.  It's because of the auto-detect behavior in Extrude - if you drag the profile into an editable body, it will change to Cut, if you drag it the other way, it will either change to Join or New Body, depending on whether the profile is coincident with an existing editable body or not.  You can certainly argue that another approach would be better suited to your working style, but this behavior is intentional, for better or worse.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 69 of 232
eldonb

I use Fusion 360 to create parts for CNC Milling, and use: "Design -> Manufacturing -> 2D -> Methods" a lot for each part to create Tool Paths. Often I make small changes to a Tool Path and need to check the Displayed Tool Path to see if the results are as expected, I often iterating many times for small path-parameter details.  The current workflow for this requires many key or mouse clicks for each iteration (a real pain).  

I would like to request new feature:  a "Tool Path Preview" button on each of the "Tool Edit" popup menus to avoid have to "OK" (finish) the current tool edit session, before a tool path is displayed. A Preview would save a LOT of time and aggravation for small changes to the tool path parameters.

Thanks for your consideration.

Eldonb

Message 70 of 232
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Thanks, Sorry to hear that, it is one of the main reasons I'm looking for an alternative platform. But I understand. It just seems that a select button to have the dialog remember selections or not, then the user could select how it is now or have it act as they want wouldn't have been to difficult.

Message 71 of 232
PinRudolf
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi Jeff,

Might I add to the previous suggestion that it would be nice to optionaly use the same settings again on the next item, maybe by way of an "Apply and Create New" method such as Inventor uses. (I'm quite fond of that method.) See mockup below:

Mockup of apply buttonMockup of apply button

Message 72 of 232
whackinit

A few suggestions:

It appears that lines in sketches have become "finer".  My 64 year old eyes don't see as well as they once did.  I don't like middle gray text, fine/faint lines, and the worst (for me) seems to be when trying to touch a "snap to" point in a sketch --- the box or cross that appears is barely visible.  How about making that (logical) snap-to indicator a different color (like red), or make it bold... or something that make it stand out?  If I have a relative busy sketch, I often can't even see the box or cross the appears for a logical point.  Please fix this if possible.  Maybe have a setting for "line visibility" in the Preferences?

My other suggestion actually starts as a question:  Is Autodesk ever going to make the Mac version of F360 act like a real Mac program?  Any time there is an update, I either end up with two F360 icons on the dock... or none.  It's as if it forgets how to act on a Mac every time it's updated.  Also.... weird stuff happens like my the Browser pane will appears on another desktop over the top of a completely different program.

Even though I have both Macs and PCs, I prefer to use the Mac (and will so even more once the new M1 chip makes it to a 5k iMac) -- but the Fusion 360 app for Mac is (in my opinion) poorly implemented, and often does not act like a Mac app should.  Would love to see this get some attention.

thx

Message 73 of 232
thlim_pmi

@yirang.choe wrote:

Hi All,

The Fusion team wants your feedback as we shape the future of dialogs in Fusion. Help us by sharing your experience and ideas. To participate, please click here: Take the survey.

Please make the Comments box expandable. 

Message 74 of 232
sieberde

A cycling option would in my eyes drastically improve the sketching workflow.

Imagine pressing "R" once for a corner rectangle, again to switch to three point rectangle, again to switch to center point rectangle and once again to get back to the start. It is really annoying to always have to move the mouse to the side to switch between the options.

Message 75 of 232
mailHVTTD

Would be nice if its possible to show the component name and number in the left corner when u switch the view.

Message 76 of 232
yirang.choe
in reply to: thlim_pmi

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the idea of resizing the dialog, any command dialogs (dialogs that open when you activate the command from the toolbar) in Fusion are resizable if you detach them from the wall and drag them from the lower right corner.

2021-06-25_10-13-08 (1).gif

Message 77 of 232
OceanHydroAU

There are a log of existing Bug Reports and Feature Requests already in the Fusion360 forums that relate to dialog shortcomings - please take a few minutes to search for those and take those reports and suggestions on-board!

Example: popup dialogs not being tall enough (having scroll bars on the right) for no reason (there's plenty of screen space).

You also have bugs in the underlying core of the way your dialogs and the controls inside them work  - for example - they "submit" fine (but do nothing) when optional items are not selected, and multiple selectable controls that should be allowed to select the same one thing forbid this, and the extremely irritating way that using the mouse to select numbers is randomly nutty (selects only the last 2 characters of a number instead of it all),  some of your slider controls don't work at all, ... there's dozens of muckups that really need to be fixed first, before you go adding more features!

Ping me if you want a more comprehensive list with examples (and be aware that most of these I've already posted bug reports to you about in the past)

Tags (1)
Message 78 of 232
OceanHydroAU
in reply to: eldonb

Have you considered planning ahead slightly and creating parametric variables for anything you do that might need adjustment later?

e.g. instead of entering this into any dialog:-

10mm

type the following instead:-

Mydist=10mm

then if you later find out that 10mm needed to be 8mm, you just adjust the Mydist variable (open the Change-Parameters menu)

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 8.31.49 pm.png

Message 79 of 232

In the construction tool 'plane at angle', it would make more sense to have a selection box for giving a reference plane. Presently there is no way of making a plane which is at an angle to another plane or face. The axis alone doesn't do everything. The current method renders the use of this tool useless at times. Inaccuracy comes into play at times.

Hope you do something about it. 

Message 80 of 232
thlim_pmi

Thanks for this response but could Autodesk include my original post so that
I can be sure this response is referring to my post? (I was responding from my email) 

I may have used the wrong description. What I meant is for the Comments
dialog box to be resizable. It does not seem possible at this moment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report