Fusion 360 Feedback Hub
Look for threads tagged [OPEN] that interest you, and give your feedback to Fusion 360 Product Managers, User Experience Designers, and Researchers. Only Autodesk staff may author posts, any community member may comment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Feedback on Fusion Team and Data Management

92 REPLIES 92
Message 1 of 93
jason.swetzoff
11879 Views, 92 Replies

[CLOSED] Feedback on Fusion Team and Data Management

Hi, I'm a Senior UX Designer on the Data Management team for Fusion 360 and would love to get some general feedback from the F360 community on and around Fusion 360. 

• Do you currently use Fusion Team?
    • If not, why not?
      • What do you use instead?
      • What features or improvements would convince you to use Team?
    • If you do, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with Fusion Team?
      • What’s most confusing or annoying about Fusion Team?
      • Which things do you like best about Fusion Team?
      • What do you wish you could do in Team that you can’t do today?

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you!

Labels (3)
92 REPLIES 92
Message 61 of 93

It would be great if when searching for items in the Data Panel the entire filepath would show under the file name for each search result, especially on Fusion Team. I will regularly have to dig up an old file, not sure exactly where it is, and then when I find it in search I'm still not sure exactly where it is stored (just the top level project is given). This is especially annoying when I need to tell a teammate where the file is because saying "It's somewhere in folder X, just search 'part name' and click the third result" isn't exactly ideal.

Message 62 of 93
Anonymous
in reply to: jason.swetzoff

*geeee* I miss the idea station.

I'm not sure if I'm right here but it is data mangement which I want to give feedback on ... I think.

If wrong move the post accordingly please.

I would love to see a feature when you are in parameter view.

It would be extrtaordinary helpful if affected items would be hightlighted (e.g. with a red line) in sketch mode when selecting a parameter.

See attachment

2.png

Message 63 of 93

Hi,

Sorry, may be some of my wishes has been already mentioned, but here is a "whish list":

1. Open read only files in Fusion 360 when people has "Viewer Rôle.
  2. Define Rôles at "Folder" level not only at "Project"
  3. option to copy referenced files (external Components, drawings) when 3Ddesigne is copied/moved from one Folder to another Project/Folder, and gather all components in a single folder.
  4. Allows filtering by user, type in Web View
  5. Add more metadatas to Files: SKU, category name, etc

Many Thanks

Message 64 of 93

For an Administrator point of view, it should be valuable to be able to "inpersonate" (eg connect as) any user in order to be able to "see" exactly what it will "see" when connected.

I mean in order to check the level of autorisation for each project, it could be easier to check globally what the user has access.

This behavior may stay at the web browser level, not in Fusion360...

Thanks

Message 65 of 93
PinRudolf

I believe I need some clarification on the use of the Assets folder. As far is I understand the Assets folder is used for data like tools which need to be used in multiple projects. While projects can't interact with each other, projects can interact with the Assets folder. 

The first thing that comes to mind is to use the Assets folder for component libraries. (A library for fasteners for example.) However it is not possible to add components in the Assets folder from within Fusion 360, yet it is possible to upload to this folder using the Teams website. 

Due to the difference in interface between Fusion 360 and Fusion Teams I'm not certain that this is the intended use. More importantly; is this a supported use case? 

Kind regards

Message 66 of 93

I'm curious to read an official answer for your question.

I guess that it is not supposed to work as you want.

But we have the same need, and having some "repositories" to share parts and accessible in read only mode by Fusion is mandatory in many use case...

Message 67 of 93
Anonymous

A critical feature I feel is missing is a method to export drawings. Currently when I want to share physical copies of my drawings I have manually open each file and print it, there really should be a “send all drawings in this folder to print” or “export all drawings to PDF” button in fusion teams.

Message 68 of 93
Anonymous
in reply to: jean-michel_legoff

I'm still waiting for autodesk to create a "gov" version of Fusion 360 so
we can use it here at Berkeley Labs. Admins are still dead set against our
proprietary intellectual property being stored in the cloud, and not our
local servers. Or a glorified "offline" option if you will.
Message 69 of 93

This makes a lot of sense. I know I use this in other data management solutions that I use. It is not exactly what you are looking for but if you click on the version button (lower right hand corner) on any file in the data panel after a search it will show you the path. Unfortunately it is not clickable or copyable currently.
Message 70 of 93
jason.swetzoff
in reply to: Anonymous

This is not something the data management team is working on but I do know who is working on parameters currently. I shared your post with them. Great idea!
Message 71 of 93

Some good ideas here and some ideas that others have brought up and I've answered in past posts. I know that adding more metadata to files is something we have been looking into. I don't want to make any promises because I'm currently not in the know on that project but I'm hopeful that you will see improvements here in the near future.

I'd love to hear more about why you would want a read-only file to open in Fusion 360 when they have a "viewer role"? 
Message 72 of 93

@Anonymous I believe you can export all drawings in a document to a single PDF currently if you have a commercial license.

CleanShot 2021-02-01 at 11.46.18.png

@Anonymous This is something I can't comment on because I don't have any info or knowledge on this subject. 

Message 73 of 93

Hi,

About the "read only mode", the goal is to make a "library" of our standard parts, and allow people to import and place those parts as componenets in their products, but preventing them to edit and modify those parts.

Only "Team Member" will have the ability to add/edit this library, but "Project Contributors" are only allowed to use parts in their projects.

Something close to how the "Asset" library works in Fusion Team

Message 74 of 93
Anonymous

Yes that is what I am doing right now, however I have a folder filled with separate drawing documents and I would like one button to export multiple drawing documents at the same time without having to open each one and export them separately to pdf. 

Message 75 of 93
ltomuta

We're currently looking into adopting a more cooperative aproach to our CAM work through a team hub project. But we're not sure how we are supposed to use it without creating clutter or impossible to maintain file duplicates.

We are two programmers, P1 and P2 with the following setups:
S1
- P1  has all his previous work in his private storage, with P2 added as a member to the project
    - P1 and P2 can edit and create files there
    - P1 has his own templates, tools and posts stored in the cloud
    - While working in that team P2 does not have access to P1's cloud assets associated with this project, no shared assets
    - P2 can also upload his own his own tempates, tools and posts to the cloud without making them visible to P1

S2
    - P1 has a project in a team hub and P2 is a team member
         - P1 and P2 can edit and create files there
         - either P1 or P2 can upload "shared" assets
         - P2 can't upload his own templates/tools/posts to the assets of the team hub since doing so makes them also visible to P1 (and vice versa), making them "shared"

So, from our point of view we have the following problems:
- while we work on S1 we can't share any assets, we must each have our own copy of a tool library for example and that means it is out of sync
- while we work on S2 we can't keep any private assets, we must all use the same template for X or Y operation, desprite having different preferences for possbile strategies. Or worse, we each upload our own and then filter the resulting mess when searching for the prefered "tap an M6" template.

Why can't we get a mix of this? Share files, share some assets but keep some other assets private? As of now we are not using the team hub since the S1 scenario provides a better experience. 

In the mean time, while experimenting with S1 and S2 I have two copies of my tools/templates/posts in "two clouds". If I figure out a bug in a post, I have to remember to upload the fix in two places. If I figure out a clever way to use an expression to do a better spot drilling operation I need to update that not only on the 25 templates that contain spot drilling but in 2x25 templates.

Why isn't my cloud able to follow me in the team I work on? If I work on my private storage, colleague's private storage, own team hub, coleague's team hub why can't I just acess the assets from my one cloud from everywhere? Like having symlinks to them, merged with project's own cloud for any shared assets.

Message 76 of 93

@jean-michel_legoff  Thanks for the clarification. I'm hopeful that you might see improvements in this area in the near future. This is an important workflow for a lot of companies. 

@Anonymous Ahh, I see. This makes sense. You can export an entire folder from Team but I agree exports could be improved upon. Thanks for the feedback. 

@ltomuta This is interesting and I'm trying to understand your needs as best I can. Is it that you want the ability to have private templates/tools/posts that you can share with certain projects within a Team? Although I get what you are saying about symlinks and the convenienceof being able to do that, there might be a lot of permissions and management issues at a team level once you link files between hubs. Either way you have me thinking and I apologize if I misinterpreted your post.

Message 77 of 93
ltomuta

Basically I expect that when I join a new team to work on a project I have
access to a set of things that are common to that team's members (say the
customized posts for the machines they have, a shared tools library). But I
should also have access to my things, which I have developed over time to
help me be productive, mainly templates with clever expressions. I may
choose to share some of them at some point if I see that team members would
benefit from having them but until then they should be accessible only to
me.

Generally I expect to be in N-teams but while in there, without any special
config/uploads, I should have access to my one Fusion cloud just as I have
access to my HDD. I don't see any value in having N versions of the same
files uploaded in N cloud instances so that they be accessible to N-teams.
And just as my HDD is private, my cloud should be private too.

There should be no question of permissions. Fusion needs to simply take
info from a shared cloud and a private cloud and merge them just before
making them visible to me. Merging can be done in the cloud (before sync
with current machine) or locally (after syncing two clouds) and in any case
I would only be seeing things I own or have been explicitly shared with me
by the team. Think "Music" library folder on Windows. Several data sources,
one list of songs.

Take the current Assets folder I see now in the team's project. Split it in
two: team assets and member assets. Under member assets, I may or may not
upload anything, but if I do they are just for me.

Now let's say I go to the Templates Library and select to see the templates
from cloud. I should be seeing a list with all the templates from three
sources: team's CAMTemplates, team's "member assets" CAMTemplates and my
personal cloud's CAMtemplates assets. Should duplicates occur, team
overrides member, member overrides private. Solved.

Message 78 of 93
PavelBiza

Hello, is it possible to add features from File Locking for Autodesk® BIM 360® to the Fusion Team?

Thanks.

Best regards

Pavel

Message 79 of 93

Hello,

I want to use the Library Project "Assets" to share Posts and machine descriptions (3D printers).

In order to prevent user to create Projects, they are only project contributors, and it looks like I cannot "Invite" Project Contributors to Assets projects. the button is noot highlighted. it lloks like only team members can access this particular project.

Many Thanks 

Message 80 of 93

In order to use Fusion360 files in AR experience on iOS, it could be valuable to have an option to download GLB/USDZ files beside OBJ, FBX, STL... 3MF could be valuable too for some color 3D printers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report