Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a slider to activate a rotational joint

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
376 Views, 2 Replies

Using a slider to activate a rotational joint

I will begin by saying I have been using this software for about two weeks, which is the sum total of me design experience. I am attaching part of the assembly as it is much larger, but the rest is irrelevant with respect to what I am trying to accomplish. An Spire is sliding up, and will contact a pin, which rotates about a shaft. I am trying to create this to see if the design is even probably, as I feel it is not, but would rather prove it.  I thank you kindly for any and all help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

You are missing a few standard ideas to animate this.  One, you do not have a grounded component, I grounded the flag pivot pin.  Two, you did not have the slider motion independent to the flag, I added a sketch line to use as a Slider join reference.  Even with all of this, I can only "manually" slide the spire and make the flag respond.  The reason the flag stops at 45 degrees is because the counterweight is resting on top of the spire in a equilibrium position.  Model is attached.

Why, with such little experience, trying to model such a complex mechanism.  I would suggest learning the basics of the application before attempting such a model.  If you do, you will not only succeed but will enjoy it more.

Flag Dip.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

You are indeed correct. I knew this lever wouldnt work, but I like to prove things, and my reach exceeded my grasp for certain. I thank you for both the reply and the solution. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report