Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to move rotary joint with contact sets on despite no contact

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Ceecis
346 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to move rotary joint with contact sets on despite no contact

I have this assembly that has a rotary joint. The component is supposed to be able to rotate a certain range that is limited by 2 other components. When I enable all contact sets or ground the components that are supposed to limit its range of motion, the component becomes unable to move. Interference analysis reveals no interference. I have attached the project.Fusion360_23-04-28_14-28-19-689.png

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Ceecis

Turn off contact sets.

Set approximate Joint limits, and fine tune it.

Might help....

Message 3 of 8
jhackney1972

Could you explain the expected motion a bit more.  The Green translucent component is showing that it is suppose to be bolted to the bracket holding a pivoting lever.  The green component seems to be the one you want to rotate when the pivoting lever rides on the V-Groove.  If this is the case, it is an impossible assembly.  Please clarify what you want.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 8
Ceecis
in reply to: jhackney1972

I want nothing to move except for the lever.

The motion of the lever should be limited by the PVC offset (the translucent part) and the bracket under it.

All the components except for the lever are supposed to be "rigidified". I removed joints/grounds/rigid groups trying to get it to work properly but I may not have added them back.

Message 5 of 8
jhackney1972

Is the movement shown in the animated GIF what you want? The lever is being stopped on the top by the PVC offset and on the bottom by the cross bar.  If so, I will continue with a video or I can send back a F3Z file, which you probably do not want to deal with.  Let me know.

Lever Movement.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 8
Ceecis
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yes the movement is correct!

Please continue with a video.

Message 7 of 8
jhackney1972

I believe you only issue was that you used Enable all Contact instead of using a couple of Contact Sets.  Please do not forget to Accept Solution or ask further questions.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 8
Ceecis

Thank you for your time and your great explanation John! I was able to get it to work properly by following your video.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report