Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailing zero in drawing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
mfeathers
3323 Views, 10 Replies

Trailing zero in drawing

Doesn't seem to make a difference what I change, I cannot get a trailing zero in my drawing when dimensioning. I've changed the precision everywhere I can find a place to change precision. and I've gone in to preferences under Unit and Value display and unchecked the hide trailing zero box.

.2 is always ,2 even though I would like it to read ,200

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
scott.price
in reply to: mfeathers

Thanks for your note.

In the current product you cannot turn trailing zeros on - we've prioritized adding this option to drawings and are targeting the November release.

All the best,

Scott

Message 3 of 11
JBerns
in reply to: scott.price

Will a leading zero control be added?

Will the control extend to alternate units?

Separate controls for linear versus angular dimensions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 4 of 11
scott.price
in reply to: JBerns

The initial roll-out will be an overall sheet setting that will apply to Linear Dimensions, Angular Dimensions, and Dimensions with Alternate Units.

Precision control at a sheet level can be set seperately for Angular and Linear Dimensions - and can be individually overriden on a per dimension basis for Angular, Linear and Alternate Units.

Leading Zero's haven't been planned for as of yet - could you tell me a little more about how you're using them?

Thanks much,

Scott

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: scott.price

Where are you guys at with this issue?

I would like to use this for the following purpose. 

In my Title I specify general tolerances by the decimal place. (X+- .05"), (X.x +-.02"), (X.xx +-.01"), (X.xxx +-.005") This way I can quickly add dimensions and select the number of decimal places to communicate the tolerance. By adding trailing zeros to my dim I also cover my butt if I forget to add tolerance to that dim. It also looks nicer on the print. Less clutter. This works best if I have any easy way to change the trailing zeros. Like when I add a dim a dialog box opens up that asks me all the normal stuff you guys have but with a check box for the number of zeros to trail out to. 

Thanks for all the good work you guys do. Best Matt.

Message 6 of 11
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous , this feature was released back in November of 2015. From the Annotation settings, simply click on the trailing zero checkbox to toggle it on/off for the whole drawing.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 8.52.34 AM.png

If you have trailing zeros on, then you can then specify the precision setting on a per-dimension basis by double-clicking a dimension to edit it's properties.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 8.55.47 AM.png

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

LOL, OMG I feel like an idiot. It was there the whole time. The past 4 years of my life I have been doing it the hard way.

Any how, Thank you. I appreciate it. 

Best matt

Message 8 of 11
TimeraAutodesk

No problem, I'm happy we could help! 🙂 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Does anyone know where they put the options for trailing and leading zeros? seems that they were suppressed on the newest update (Jun/04/2020)

zurca8_0-1591296232857.png

zurca8_2-1591296317717.png

Message 10 of 11
kpsteak1

@AnonymousTook me a while but I found it on the browser under Document Settings. 

kpeng9DMKN_1-1595356054743.png

If you click on the little icon to the right of the words, a separate "Document Settings" panel pops up on the right.

kpeng9DMKN_2-1595356102150.png

Not sure why most of the prompts are cut off but at least it is possible to add trailing and leading zeros 🙂 

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: kpsteak1

Yeah! so there is the feature... Thanks a lot for your advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report