Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending objects from Tinkercad to Fusion 360 nothing happen

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
rave.gt
13940 Views, 21 Replies

Sending objects from Tinkercad to Fusion 360 nothing happen

I want to import my objects form tinkercad to fusion 360 with the new "send to Fusion 360" function.

Everytime after i push the button "Open in Fusion 360" the window appears like in the picture below and nothing else.

Here is the link from Tinkercad:

https://blog.tinkercad.com/2018/07/16/tinkercad-send-to-fusion-is-live/

I tried:

-just a simple cube and other basic shapes

-reinstalling Fusion 360

-chrome as browser

Win 8.1 64Bit

Firefox 63.0.1 (latest)

Nvidia 8.1.940.0 (latest)

I dont want to import it to Fusion as stl or object, because of the quantity of the objects i want to have send to Fusion.

Anyone knew this kind of problem?

tinkercad error.pngtinkercad error2.png

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Hello rave.gt,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

After you clicking Send to Fusion button, you suppose to see a pop up dialog "Launch Application" where you could click send the file to NLauncher Application, then it will open Fusion 360 with your Tinkercad model.

Please check whether the pop up dialog is blocked by your browser, if yes then please enable the pop up dialog and try again.

SendToFusion.png

Hope it helps. Thank you.

Regards,

Helen

Helen Chen
Principle QA for Fusion 360 Electronics
Message 3 of 22

Hello rave.gt,

Are you still reproduce this issue?

Could you please try to restart your machine and try again? Thank you.

Regards,

Helen

Helen Chen
Message 4 of 22

already checked that but the Nlauncher dont work, not even after reinstalling Fusion.

I got my f3d files by extracting the download link from the html editor and decoding the html for download regulary.

But in future it would be nice to know why the Nlauncher dont work??

I also tried to open with fusion360.exe but fusion just started without loading something....

Maybe a issue with decoding the link for Nlauncher? -> I even didnt get a started process in task manager....

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 22
bourno
in reply to: rave.gt

Took a few tries, but the NLauncher did start to work for me, and seemed to stay working. Not sure what changed. Sad part, and reading the article over again, is that it works for "basic primitives".

Unfortunately, me and my friends use higher res parts for spheres, cylinders, etc to reduce flatting and facets. I have been using Fusion for 2 years, but still have some friends who do most of their playing in TinkerCAD. Wish this had been available like 2 or 3 years ago, lol. Does take the old TinkerCAD primitives to a whole new level of "holy ****, that looks good now".

Attached a snip of a part made with higher res pieces, which doesn't convert over.

I would loved to edited it in Fusion to add some easier Filets. And a snip of Low Res moved over, and quick little filets and chamfers, just to see. No History Timeline and edits go into the Body list.

Message 6 of 22
thomasjhurst
in reply to: bourno

Hi, I am having a similar issue. I have enabled popups, restarted etc but I can't even get the Launch 'Application' or 'Opening your design in Fusion 360' popups shown in the first post of this thread. I just get a message of 'Sorry, we were not able to send your design to Autodesk Fusion 360 at this time. Please try again.'

CaptureFusion.JPG

Message 7 of 22
seanxnj
in reply to: thomasjhurst

Having same problem here. Tried enabling pop ups, made a project with only cylinder, tried selecting selected images, nothing seems to be working gettings same pop up message. 

Message 8 of 22
ozX9VPU

I'm having the same problem, even just sending a basic cube doesn't work

No pop up appears, but my browser (Chrome) isn't showing as blocking anything

Message 9 of 22
helenteacher1
in reply to: ozX9VPU

Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you very much for your reports, we are investigating this issue and will keep you be posted.

Regards,

Helen

Message 10 of 22

Hello all,

The workflow of sending Tinkercad to Fusion is back to work today.

Could you please have a double check? Thank you.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you very much for reporting us.

Regards,

Helen

Helen Chen
Message 11 of 22

Works perfectly, thank you

Message 12 of 22
thomasjhurst
in reply to: ozX9VPU

Hello, yes it's working now, thank you so much!

Message 13 of 22
bourno

I wish Fusion had a simple method to import STL files as a solid object versus a mesh.  One of the nice things about TinkerCAD 🙂

Message 14 of 22
jnse78
in reply to: bourno

I got the same problem, i can't send anything to Fusion 360, from Tinkercad.
I have tried with both Chrome and Internet Explorer, but nothing happends.

Message 15 of 22

Hello jnse78

Sorry to hear that you'r having trouble.

From Tinkercad to Fusion works well for me now.

Could you please restart your machine and try the workflow once again? Thank you.

Regards,

Helen

Helen Chen
Message 16 of 22

Work as expected! Well done and thanks for all.

Message 17 of 22

Same error here, tried with IE and Chrome on my Windows-PC,  Safari and Chrome on my MacBook.

Message 18 of 22

HI, I am also getting this error 😞 have tried everyting as listed in previous conversation (and yes I have restarted my comfusor 🙂 )...

BR

Andreas

Message 19 of 22

Hello. I am getting the same exact error as of today April 10, 2021 in Canada. Can you please investigate the issue? I switched to different browsers but still getting the same error. Thank you.

Message 20 of 22

Hi @mmaziesf ,

Sending Tinkercad to Fusion 360 might be failed when there is an pending update for Fusion 360.

If that's the case, please wait for the live update download finished for Fusion 360 and then restart it, then try again.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Helen

Helen Chen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report