Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Spline and Object Patterned Along It

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
392 Views, 2 Replies

Offset Spline and Object Patterned Along It

Hello!

I tried searching for a solution to this, but either my searching skills are failing me, or no one has asked this before.

I'm trying to lay out the holes for a custom crib board. I've created a spline for the hole pathway. I then sketched a circle on the spline to represent the hole. After extruding it to a cylinder, I used the Pattern on Path tool to copy that cylinder many times. Then, I went back into the sketch and offset the spline. I then repeated the circle, extrude, Pattern on Path series of steps, but the holes don't line up (naturally, because the bend radius is different on the two paths).

Can anyone think of an easy method to get the holes to line up along the path? Basically, if you draw a line from the center of one hole perpendicular to the spline it's on, it should cut through the center of the hole on the offset spline. I could do this manually, but each path has 124 holes and I'm hoping to make many different crib board designs. An elegant solution would be much preferred!

Here is a link to a drawing showing what I'm talking about: http://a360.co/2f2oxTY

Thank you for any help that you can provide!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michallach81
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't boder yourself with offset, Pattern on Path can follow curve orientation. Just look:

patternpath.gif

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: michallach81

Yes, of course! It's so obvious when you see it. I didn't think to select more than one object for my pattern. Wonderfully simple, exactly what I was hoping for.

Thank you for the quick and helpful response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report