Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with idea for 3D printed part

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
salesMUBBN
220 Views, 3 Replies

Need help with idea for 3D printed part

Hi,

I have been working on a 3D printed battery enclosue that needs to slide into a mount on a vehicle.

The design currently works in terms of fitting the mounting plate and sliding in ok but I am having trouble coming up with a way to get it to lock lightly into position so it does not jump out when vehicle goes over a bump.

I tried a latch but because I have to print the part vertically to get the slide guides to print without overhangs, the lateches break off very easily. The latest attempt below I tried to have a little latching part that has some movement to click the battery into position but the little nodules I designed break off when battery is inserted and removed.

Looking for any ideas how I can get this to work. I am ok to change the way the mount works if there is a better way to do this. As long at the battery can somehow slip easily intot he mount, not jump out with vehicle movement and comes out easily to charge the battery

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: salesMUBBN

Try rotating it to 45 degrees from vertical. 

If you print in ABS, you can use acetone to glue the layers together

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
salesMUBBN
in reply to: etfrench

Which part to rotate 45 Degrees?

Message 4 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: salesMUBBN

This may make the layers stronger.  You may also want to do a temperature calibration to ensure your layer to layer strength is good.

etfrench_0-1668415251442.png

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report