Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi joints problem on gantry

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
t.zellerJLPPZ
235 Views, 6 Replies

Multi joints problem on gantry

Hey everyone,

I have a problem with the connection of a gantry via joints. I have two linear axes and a corresponding plate for each, which can both be moved separately. Now I would like to connect both axes via a crossbeam and move the entire gantry as one component. I thought that I could connect the whole thing via two joints, but unfortunately this does not seem to be the case (see video).

Can someone explain to me where my thought error is?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

The Forum users really need your Fusion 360 model to really help.  Please attach it.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a forum post to attach it.

Edit:  I will make a guess, the two vertical plates are not EXACTLY parallel to each other.  Really need the model to tell the real reason.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7

Only one slider joint is needed. For better, analysis we'd need to see your assembly model.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

Thank you two for your quick respond and sorry that I forgot to attach the file. I hope the file is not too messy and can help identify the problem.

Message 5 of 7

I think this should be a bit obvious, your holes do not line up.  If I apply a Rigid Joint between the corners of the plate with the offset in your model, it works as expected.

Holes Offset.jpg Travel.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 7

Okay, that was a kind of stupid question! 😒
Thank you very much for your quick and very helpful respond 🙂

Message 7 of 7

It was not a stupid question.

Your assembly is messy, just really inefficient, and not structured well.

As the assembly grows and you accumulate components the flat browser structure will quickly become hard to deal with!

I personally very rarely mirror components as that results in a somewhat incorrect BOM.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report