Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Body Error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
doleksa
220 Views, 3 Replies

Mirror Body Error

Hello,

The part I am building has multiple bodies and I am trying to mirror them around a construction plane.  All the bodies mirror except 1 of them.  I get an error that compute failed with no other information.  Below is a screen shot of all the bodies in the part.

doleksa_0-1662471118728.png

Body 65 is the where I get the error when I mirror it around the construction plane.

doleksa_1-1662471206811.png

Any ideas on what could be the problem and how to correct it?  I have attached a copy of the file below.  Any help will be much appreciated.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
aliobidi
in reply to: doleksa

Hi ,

just make the body as component and mirror the component 

for make sure I just copy the component  and "paste new " 
your file below 
see the time line and ask me if you have a question 

Message 3 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: doleksa

Can you elaborate on what the purpose of the design is and what you want to do with the end result?

If this is a game design or, maybe a small display or toy model I'd guess precision isn't of the utmost importance and I'd recommend one way.

On the other hand, if this were a mechanical design for manufacturing purposes I'd start completely from scratch!

The reason this happens is your imprecise modeling workflow. Way too many sketches and I'd guess 98+% of them aren't properly dimensioned or constrained.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
doleksa
in reply to: aliobidi

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report