Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display dimensions on Design

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
fsonnichsen
327 Views, 3 Replies

How to display dimensions on Design

Very basic question--I want to add dimensions to the HEIGHT of the object shown in the F3D. (Also screwhole diameters and depths would be nice).  The use of "show dimensions" on "sketch" was already pointed out here but this does not seem to apply in this case. At present I can create a set of engineering Drawings but that is rather drastic. Also I like to use diagrams like that shown for presentations and need the dimensions.

(I think it was already discussed that comments and titles cannot be added for such purposes??!!).

Thanks

Fritz

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
g-andresen
in reply to: fsonnichsen

Hi,

this could look like this

3d model.gif

but a dimensioned drawing is always better

günther

Message 3 of 4
fsonnichsen
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks Guenther

so apparently one has to add a new complete new sketch in order to get a single dimension? I was simply expecting some type of dimension tool on the Design page for this.

I agree that formal drawings are best if I send things to a formal machine shop, but when I do my own work or hand it off to some of the local machinists here, a simple Design with the dimensions added is sufficient. Also I often use Designs to present to others but titles, dimensions etc are needed. Showing a team of chemists for example a formal shop drawing doesn't always get the point across.

At present I have to copy a JPG to VISIO and then add everything form there-rather time consuming.

Thanks for the post

Fritz

Message 4 of 4
g-andresen
in reply to: fsonnichsen

Hi,

Who knows, maybe your call will be heard.

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report