Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a dent in sheet metal?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2997 Views, 4 Replies

How do I make a dent in sheet metal?

detaildetaildent_IMG_20180905_212731.jpg

Hi,

My version of a tool-cart. Made as a sheet-metal object. The verticals should have a 'dent' or depression in the sheet-metal as soon in the pictures. I tried loft and many more things....

Does anybody know how to do this in sheet-metal?rode kar v10.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

File>Export and then Attatch your *.f3d file here.

I would Extrude, Extrude and then Fillet.

Message 3 of 5
chrisplyler

You can do something like this, but you aren't going to get a Flat Pattern from it. You'll need to get your Flat Pattern out before you model these. Or get everything done prior to these, and then do a Save-As so you have a separate file to model these in, but you've still got the original without them.

sheetmetal stamp.gifAll I did was go back into the Model workspace, used sketch rectangles to split the outside and inside faces appropriately, push/pulled those face, and filleted the inside and outside edges. Then extruded the holes of course.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

That is exactly how I tried to do it.

Will try again now, thank you!

Message 5 of 5
melvinbrian3d

@fusion-360_ wrote:

dent_IMG_20180905_212717.jpgdetaildent_IMG_20180905_212731.jpg

Hi,

My version of a tool-cart. Made as a sheet-metal object. The verticals should have a 'dent' or depression in the sheet-metal as soon in the pictures. I tried loft and many more things....

Does anybody know how to do this in sheet-metal?

.. i was designing a cover in sheet metal as you with punch, depression or dent, so i decide to work in the Model Mode and i open a sketch in the left side and draw the line path or profile of the dent, then i extrude CUT the with of the dent.. then i use the RIB feature and use the dent profile.

hope this help.

MelvinBrian3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report