Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion+Invento Quadro 2000M or GTX1060

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3757 Views, 10 Replies

Fusion+Invento Quadro 2000M or GTX1060

Hi

I have read a some of threads in other forums about quadro vs gtx, but i wanted to check yours.

We are using inventor, fusion and some open source simulation programs. 

We are getting 2 new workstations here and our IT tells us to buy a 2000M because itll make less problems with inventor.

I did use inventor at home with my 1080 and had no problems at all. 

Do you think it is worth it to fight for the 1060?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

The Nvidia Quadro and AMD Fire GL graphics cards are considered Pro Graphics Cards have drivers optimized for Open GL. Historically that has always been at the expense of stable, fast and (relatively) bug free Direct X drivers. That is also the reason why these perform often terribly in games that mosty use the Direct X API.

I am not sure you are familiar with c’t Magazin Fuer Computer Technik. I’ve been a reader for 25 years and every time they’ve tested these Pro graphics cards they performed under par in Direct X.

Both, Fusion 360 and Inventor use the Direct X API

A;so, generally the Pro graphics cards use the same graphics chips as the gaming cards, but  lag behind a generation or two.

I am wondering where your IT department is getting their info from.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I think they only look into the Autodesk recommendations for Inventor. 

They are only showing Quadro-Cards in these.

Also i found this:

quadro.PNG

Message 4 of 11
TrippyLighting

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they only look into the Autodesk recommendations for Inventor. 

They are only showing Quadro-Cards in these

I'd trust that post more than any recommendation on an AD page. 
There have been multiple users of Fusion 360 that have reported not only performance problems but also graphics glitches with mostly Quadro cards.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for your statement 😄

ill show them this post

Message 6 of 11
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

I have done extensive testing with Fusion on both Quadro and GTX cards and can say with no doubt that the GTX cards perform much faster and don't have half the gfx glitches as the Quadro cards.

I started with a highend Quadro card and had nothing but performance and gfx problems. I switched to a GTX card and have seen way better performance and hardly any gfx glitches.

I haven't tested much with Inventor so I will let someone else answer that, but I can assure you the Quadro is not good for Fusion.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

We just had a pretty hot discussion with IT just now XD

I can kind of understand there point. There is a company that builds these workstations for us, and they only give inventor-support and warranty on workstations with certified hardware... 😕

But we found a compromise, one of two workstations will get a gtx1060 and one will get a quadro 2000m.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I know this thread is a bit old, but I was curious to know how the GTX 1060 unit is working out over the Quadro and via versa? Thanks!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

my colleque told me that my working pc with the gtx1060 seems faster than his with the 2000m

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks so much for that info! I've got a couple of school programs that are looking to be able to run Fusion and some other software, but needed a more dedicated graphics card. 

Thanks again! 

Message 11 of 11
lichtzeichenanlage

This video is pretty much about SolidWorks, but you might pull some Fusion 360 related information, too.

Edit: Typo removed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report