Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engraving star for an American flag

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
trandell156
124 Views, 4 Replies

Engraving star for an American flag

I am having a heck of a time getting the starts for an American flag engraved the way I want. Using an engrave toolpath with a 60 degree (30 degree on one edge) v bit and a depth of 5mm, I get this. What I want is to eliminate the center "mountain" so all 5 rays of the star meet at a point. Changing bit size and depth only changes the size of the center mountain. Any ideas on how I can get rid of that?

My model is attached. Please ignore the size of the body. I had other sketches I was testing out and removed them to de-clutter.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 2.57.17 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: trandell156

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
trandell156
in reply to: jhackney1972

I attached the model to my original post. Thanks for having a look.

Message 4 of 5
etfrench
in reply to: trandell156

You have the depth set to -5mm, try -10mm:

star.JPG

p.s. If you change to a 90 degree or 120 degree bit, you won't have to go so deep. 

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

I don't use the engrave toolpath much,  but I'm pretty sure will need to do some sort of clearing tool path, like adaptive clearing or pocket, in order to get rid of the mountain.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report