Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier way to do sketch-based drawing tree drawing?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
john.steensen
236 Views, 3 Replies

Easier way to do sketch-based drawing tree drawing?

Working on creating a drawing tree for my project (about 70ish drawings) to make it more accessible to the hobby community, and the best way I could figure out how to make a blank drawing was creating the drawing from a dummy blank assembly. Now I have a sketch with blocks and labels in it. Go to add leaders between the blocks, and to my horror, I discover you can't attach a leader to a midpoint of a box line (or a regular line for that matter).

Any ideas on a better way to do this?

johnsteensen_0-1684108991253.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If I am understanding correctly, you have sketched and copied rectangles inside a 2D Drawing and you want to add a leader between the midpoint of the boxes.  There is a midpoint snap you can use if the boxes are the same size.  If they are copied, they should be the same size.

Sketch Leader.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

I'm not able to grab the center snap point like you did; only the end points. Perhaps I accidentally disabled it somehow.

How would I re-enable all the snap points in the sketch?

Message 4 of 4

When editing the sketch, start the line tool, then right click on the screen and you will see the snap features.  For me they are persistent.

Snap.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report