Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing dimensions incorrect when body not parallel to a plane

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
520 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing dimensions incorrect when body not parallel to a plane

Hi, I have a design of a cabinet that doesn't have parallel sides and when creating drawings the dimensions are not correct for components that are not parallel to an origin plane as described in the post here

I can align the objects as described and the drawing dimensions are fine, but I have 11 components all at different angles, how can I make the drawings of each piece without having to individually align each to a plane and then generate the drawings?

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you are missing true lengths in your view, you must either display them using another view or create a custom view in the design environment.

günther

Sorry: embed image doesn´t work 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks so much for responding. You suggestion worked if select a view by using "Look at" the component I'm interested in, then save custom view and recall that view when making the drawing.

However I find it strange that Fusion would report different dimensions for the component in a different view, the component dimensions don't change just cos I'm looking at it differently. 

Message 4 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

Have a look at it again. You dimension a projected length in the "normal" view and the true length in the custom view.

günther

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks. I'm trying to create drawings of each component in the cabinet attached. For example component RFront, I can produce a drawing with a named view facing that component. Should I have a named view for every panel that isn't in the same plane as the origin planes? (which is most of them)

Message 6 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I have a named view for every panel that isn't in the same plane as the origin planes? (which is most of them)

I would do it this way, especially because of the mitres for the plate joints.

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report