Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does parting line function exist in F360 like Solidworks?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
u.ucler
2747 Views, 4 Replies

Does parting line function exist in F360 like Solidworks?

To be clear, I have never used Solidworks. I just found a video doing exactly what I need, so I thought if anyone could watch this 2 minute video and tell me if the method exist or if you could provide me with a guide of how to accomplish it.

It's for an iPhone case injection mould.

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TrippyLighting
in reply to: u.ucler

I am sure @HughesTooling can provide much better detail on this but I believe the splitting surface that is extracted from that splitting line will have to be created manually in Fusion 360.

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 5
HughesTooling

No Fusion doesn't have those tools. In the Patch workspace you can use Offset to extract the surfaces for inside\outside then build a mould from those. Set the offset to zero and it will create copies from your model, then project the edges to planes and extrude. it's more work, you just have to decide if the extra cost of solidworks or inventor is worth it for you.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
TheCADWhisperer

@u.ucler wrote:

... could provide me with a guide of how to accomplish it. 

It's for an iPhone case injection mould.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/toy-car-core-cavity-mold-tutorial/m-p/5151...

File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file here.

Message 5 of 5
u.ucler
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling wrote:

No Fusion doesn't have those tools. In the Patch workspace you can use Offset to extract the surfaces for inside\outside then build a mould from those. Set the offset to zero and it will create copies from your model, then project the edges to planes and extrude. it's more work, you just have to decide if the extra cost of solidworks or inventor is worth it for you.

Mark

Thanks, you pointed me towards the correct solution. I couldn't extrude the edges because something went wrong with the projection, but the trick with the inner/outer offset helped me. Then I thickened both of them according to the direction needed, to create a solid and then I combined it with the parting line.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report