Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Out Half of Pipe

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1762 Views, 3 Replies

Cut Out Half of Pipe

I am trying to cut out half of a pipe and I thought the best way would be to draw a line lengthwise down the pipe and then cut the lower section off. That did not work, so I tried sketching a line on the end of the pipe and then extruding that section. That worked, somewhat. Then I saw this lovely thing.CAD Pipe ProblemsAny suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not quite sure what i'm supposed to be looking at. If anything that wasn't supposed to got cut in the operation. Edit the feature and hide everything except the tube. This will exclude them from the cut.

Hope that helps.

Niels

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I followed your suggestion and here is the result.

Pipe Problems.png

I need to cut out the entire bottom part of the pipe, not just that little bit, and I cannot figure out how to do that.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

If you edit your extrude comand, you should be able to see a handle that you can drag. Also in the dialog box there will be a option for 'Extents'. If you switch this to 'All' it should cut down the entrie lenght of the tube.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report