Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge curves for connecting pipes

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
2539 Views, 21 Replies

Bridge curves for connecting pipes

I'm working on learning this software. I don't think Fusion has bridge curves where you can project lines on a pipe and then connect those lines with a simple bridge curve that is basically a 3d curve with an input you can use to dictate the amount of tangency curve you want?

In the uploaded file I had to apply a 'length dimension' to the spline curve to control the irregular shaped pipe. Now what I'd like to do is build some isoparametric curves on the surface of the pipe or just project lines onto the pipe so that I can build bridge curves which will be the guide curves for the loft command.  Is this possible in fusion?  I'd like full control of all these bridge curves I build as opposed to somehow building this shape in the sculpting area.

Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Anonymous

Found what I was looking for, to find the tangent lines of a cylinder with your sketch 2, and cylinder, came from Pete's split box idea, but was staring me in the face.

You need to patch the bottom surface of the Cylinder for this to work, but no projections, no planes, no splits, just a construction body.

Extrude this profile, to the bottom surface object. (bottom edge of the cylinder doesn't work,) 

SplFcEx.PNGSplFcEx2.PNG

no planes, and no splits, but 8 edges to use.

Something to try....

Message 22 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Bingo!  Thanks...looks like 'project to surface' needs a surface to direct the projection towards vs using a vector direction which is more intuitive imho.  That was driving me insane.

I'm getting fairly strong with this program now, It's like you just have to fight thru the basics learning a new program.  All the dirty little quarks b/w programs is nothing short of brain damage.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report