Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Modeling Public Preview is Live! - Tell us what you think

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
keqingsong
1494 Views, 17 Replies

Automated Modeling Public Preview is Live! - Tell us what you think

Hey all, 

At Autodesk University 2021, we announced a project to help simplify our Generative Design technologies for everyday use in modeling workflows. This project has come to life as Automated Modeling and is now in public preview. You can get a deeper understanding of how Automated Modeling can increase the productivity of your design workflows in our help documentation. 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=SLD-AUTOMATED-MODELING

keqingsong_0-1657760493765.jpeg

keqingsong_1-1657760527600.jpeg

keqingsong_2-1657760541954.jpeg

Our teams would love to hear your initial reactions and any feedback you have for we could make this tool better for your workflows. We look forward to hearing from you! 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: keqingsong

is it available in a personal version or only as a paid subscription? i don't see the button

Message 3 of 18

I don't see it either... I have the paid version HardSurface.

Message 4 of 18

It is preview functionality. You might have to enable it in the "Preview Features" section in the Preferences.

TrippyLighting_0-1657802236345.png

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 18

Its not on my Preview options.... First place I looked....
Message 6 of 18
Leo_Dyn
in reply to: chris.allred8LD9D

Did your software get the July update yet? That needs to be installed to get this preview I believe. It automatically enabled the preview as soon as I did the restart after the July update downloaded.

Message 7 of 18
chris.allred8LD9D
in reply to: Leo_Dyn

Yep, updated as soon as I got in this morning.
Message 8 of 18
Ken_Graham

It's great. I saw the icon and tested it straight away. Heres a video I made about my first use of Automate.

https://youtu.be/XJzSnB6xO00

Message 9 of 18

A modeling in record time, extremely surprised with the result

Automated Modeling.png

Message 10 of 18
MikeSmell_ADSK
in reply to: Anonymous

This preview functionality is available for paid subscribers, students, startups, and trial users. 

Message 11 of 18
mroek
in reply to: MikeSmell_ADSK

@MikeSmell_ADSKJust a quick question: Is this going to be included in the standard paid subscription after it is out of preview, or will it move to a paid extension instead?

Message 12 of 18
wmhazzard

Cute gadget that maybe one percent of users will really need. I don't see any bug fixes in the latest update though, how about giving bug fixes a higher priority than new gadgets. 

Message 13 of 18
MikeSmell_ADSK
in reply to: mroek

@mroek - 

At this time, this is intended to be part of the Fusion 360 subscription, not an extension. 

Thanks,

Mike Smell

Sr. Product Manager - Fusion 360  Generative Design

Message 14 of 18

@Spacelabhrenovatothat's a very cool looking outcome.

I'm intrigued by how you used the spheres to shape the design like that. It's not something I've seen before but it looks to have worked very well!

Message 15 of 18
MikeSmell_ADSK

Hi all, 

Please check out our deep dive blog post on Automated Modeling. There is also a great video that is definitely worth the watch. 

https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/automated-modeling-fusion-360-tutorial/

Thanks,

Mike

Message 16 of 18
keqingsong

In addition to Mike's blog, here's a new video: 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 17 of 18
stephenmN3A7W

I like the idea of automated modeling and i've played around with it several times now. My thoughts are how hard would it be to also have options that include more traditional shapes, less organic looking outcomes. Something that has square corners and normal features for simple programing and machining? Any thoughts or ideas would be great!

Message 18 of 18

@stephenmN3A7W -

We are actively working on some concepts around simpler shapes and will be looking for customers to evaluate and give us feedback on our prototypes. I would encourage you to join our Insider Program on Automated Modeling and sign up to engage with us on this topic. https://feedback.autodesk.com/key/Fusion360Insider

Thanks, 

Mike Smell

Sr. Product Manger, Fusion 360 - Generative Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report