Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All but one component is transpartent / activate component mode?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
WesleyTack
994 Views, 14 Replies

All but one component is transpartent / activate component mode?

Hi,

I don't understand what happened. I checked my opacity control on all objects but for some reason one part seems to remain in "activate component" mode? When I go to another component and activate it then changed opacity as well. Anyone ever encountered this and know what might be going on? Sere attached image.

Labels (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
g-andresen
in reply to: WesleyTack

Hi,

If you do not want only the active component to be visible, change the setting in your preferences.

component visibility.png

günther

Message 3 of 15
jeff_strater

it looks like you posted this 3 separate times.  Here, and https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/all-but-one-component-is-transpartent-acti...  and https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/all-but-one-component-is-transparent-activ... 

let's keep the discussion to this thread.  I'll link the others here.  Can you share the file?

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 15
WesleyTack
in reply to: g-andresen

@g-andresen I have this set correctly. This only happens in one file, the rest of my files work properly. I did a weird key combination while I was in activation mode in that drawing and for some reason I messed up the file so it seems. I recorded a screen capture to show you my meaning. See attached screencast.

@jeff_strater When I was creating this post Firefox hung up on me again, multiple times. I have started using a different browser lately because it's giving me way too many issues. I apologise for this, to me it seemed I only posted it once. 

Message 5 of 15
WesleyTack

Oops, Here is the screencast.

Message 6 of 15
g-andresen

Hi,

at the moment it seems that embedding images does not work.
Please add your screenshots and screencasts via link.

günther

Message 7 of 15
WesleyTack

@guenther.andresen  It should show up, I see in in the window upon posting, I embed it, yet after I post it's empty?

Here goes again:

Message 8 of 15
WesleyTack

When I want to create a drawing from this file, the objects are also opaque in the drawing. I can no longer change the view appearance style to shaded. Very weird. See attached image.

Message 9 of 15
jeff_strater

sometimes it takes a couple of minutes for the screencast to actually show up.  Usually, if I just refresh the page, it will appear.  It looks like your screencast is there now.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 10 of 15
jeff_strater

it's a bit hard to say exactly what caused the problem.  It does look like the logic for making non-active components transparent has left the design in a bad state, but that is just a guess.   Can you share the design here?  Thanks.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 11 of 15
g-andresen

Hi,

1. This state also occurs when one metal component is in the UNFOLD state.
Remedy: SHEET METAL > REFOLD
2. COMPUTE ALL > CTRL + B

günther

Message 12 of 15
WesleyTack

@jeff_stratersure, I attached it

@g-andresenI checked, everything is folded and I also did control + B, nothing changed

Message 13 of 15
jeff_strater

thanks for the design.  Yes, it looks to me like something has gone wrong with the activated component transparency.  I've sent this over to the experts to see if they can determine a) how it might have happened, and b) how to fix it.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 14 of 15
jeff_strater

@WesleyTack - our graphics team took a look at this, and it seems that every body in this design has an opacity set to 20%.  To make these visible again, you need to go through each body (not component) and set the opacity to 100%.  I'm not sure how this came to be - I doubt that you applied all these transparencies manually.  So, if you can figure out what sequence you did to end up in this state, we can investigate preventing this in the future.  In the meantime, this (admittedly very tedious) process will get your design back to being visible again.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 15 of 15
WesleyTack
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hey,

Yes that's it, I'll fix all the bodies, I'm glad you were able to locate it. As to how this came to be. No I did not do it individually. All I remember was doing a sequence of button presses (shortcut keys) wrongfully while either in activate component mode or sketch mode and when I went out/back (perhaps control Z) it didn't change back. I can't remember what buttons I pressed but I'll try and reproduce this from time to time and see if I can figure it out. When I do I'll post it.

Thanks for the help!

- Wesley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report