Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GETTING ERRORS WHEN GENERATING TOOL PATH

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bluntedtek9
6721 Views, 5 Replies

GETTING ERRORS WHEN GENERATING TOOL PATH

Warning: Lifting feed plane to topmost ramp.

Warning: Lifting retract plane to feed plane.

Warning: Lifting feed plane to topmost ramp.

Warning: Lifting retract plane to feed plane.

Any help would be great not sure what I need to fix..Thanks..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: bluntedtek9

Can you export an f3d file with the problem and upload here.

Thanks Mark.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
fredsi

If you go to the Linking tab for the operation and click the drop down for Ramp you should see an entry for Ramp Clearance Height (think mine defaults to 0.1in.). Most likely your setting for Retract Height and Feed Height on the Heights tab are set below the aforementioned Ramp Clearacne Height. Increase those two height settings and see if the warning disappears. If in increasing the two height values, you may also need to increase the Clearance Height to keep it above the Retract height.

Alternatively, you could lower the Ramp Clearance Height.

Fred

Message 4 of 6
scottmoyse
in reply to: fredsi

Fredsi is onto it. Two of the errors are a result of the others. The retract plane can't be below the feed plane, so the software is automatically lifting it, and the feed plane can't be below where the Ramp starts. So the software lifts that to match as well.

These aren't errors, but are warnings the software has got your back Smiley Wink

You don't actually have to do anything when you see these, but you can if you want to clear the warnings from your CAM browser.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 6
bluntedtek9

Thanks. The code looked fine and ran great. Thanks for the clarification
Message 6 of 6
natcalifornia

I got rid of these warnings in a 2D pocket by reducing the "Safe Distance" (under Linking) from something over 0.5 to 0.1. My feed plane is at .1, so the feed plane no longer needed to be lifted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report