Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NoGestures add-on from Pawel Inc. [support]

72 REPLIES 72
Message 1 of 73
pawelzwronek
4993 Views, 72 Replies

NoGestures add-on from Pawel Inc. [support]

NoGesturesNoGestures

Hi and thx for using my second add-on for Fusion 360 NoGestures

If you encounter any problem feel free to write in this thread 🙂

72 REPLIES 72
Message 2 of 73
CapGuy
in reply to: pawelzwronek

Hello,

Thanks for this attempt and yes, as you, I would prefer to be able to disable right-clic F360 gesture and use right-clic for navigate !

I wonder if it could possible to use RMB for Orbit ? (while MMB stays for Pan as it is already) 

Best Regards,
Guy

--
May The Force be...yond !
Tags (2)
Message 3 of 73
trash2MDWP8

Have any way use this extension in MacOS (Hight Sierra)?

I am also developer, if you can share sources I can try porting it to Mac OS. As I see, it is requested not only by me 🙂

Thank you!

Message 4 of 73
pawelzwronek
in reply to: trash2MDWP8

Yeah you can try but I think it's not easy. https://github.com/pawelzwronek/fusion360-NoGestures

Files to port:

* autohotkey.py

pyHook/cpyHook.i - wraps '.c' file with SWIG

* build pyHook with build-on-fusion-python.cmd

You can test it by running run-on-fusion-python.cmd as standalone python app.

Good luck 🙂

Message 5 of 73
CapGuy

Hello @pawelzwronek

Great idea to avoid this right-clic gesture.

Could you propose a new version to use right-clic to orbit only (while middle mouse button continues to pan) ?

Say :

MMB = pan 

RMB = orbit

As this, we will able to orbit without to have to maintain the [shift] key, and it will be a great progress for freedom !

Thanks again, and I wait your answer with great eagerness 🙂

Cordially,
Guy

--
Tags (5)
Message 6 of 73
DDP-ED

Pawel, how it work? I've installed the plugin, but right button is still a matter of Markin menu. I was hoping to get navigation in 3D space like in Rhino.

Message 7 of 73
goldmale

I've installed the program and the RMB does orbit,  but I've lost my ability to right click on any items and get the right click menu.   I'm running windows 7 64bit if that helps.    I saw another comment on here asking to be able to navigate the same as RHINO and I'll second that vote.   I'm not sure if it's possible but this is my desired layout. 

RMB hold - Orbit 

Shift + RMB - Pan 

Progressive Zoom - Ctrl +RMB

Not sure why those three buttons are not configurable in F360 but I still love it. 

Message 8 of 73
pawelzwronek
in reply to: goldmale

Try this:

1. Stop NoGestures add-in

2 Right click on NoGestures in Add-Ins window.

3. Click Open file location

4. Edit NoGestures.py

5. Change line 154 and 155 from 

fire_in(ahk.RDown, 10)
fire_in(ahk.RUp, 20)

to 

fire_in(ahk.RDown, 100)
fire_in(ahk.RUp, 200)

6. Run NoGestures again

Message 9 of 73
jazjaz689
in reply to: CapGuy

i am learning some new words in the industry a new learning curve for me 

@CapGuy wrote:

Hello @pawelzwronek

Great idea to avoid this right-clic gesture.

Could you propose a new version to use right-clic to orbit only (while middle mouse button continues to pan) ?

Say :

MMB = pan 

RMB = orbit

As this, we will able to orbit without to have to maintain the [shift] key, and it will be a great progress for freedom !

Thanks again, and I wait your answer with great eagerness 🙂

Cordially,
Guy

thank you guy 

Message 10 of 73
goldmale

Thank you for replying,  I edited the file in notepad with the changes you listed.  I didn't notice any difference.    That being said I think I now better understand what this tool is meant to do and what I'm want I don't think is going to be possible.   I was somehow thinking it could both rotate and do the line menu/right click menu.   I see now it's more for getting rid of the line menu all together which I've learned to use and enjoy. 

The only thing I could see fixing it 100% is being able to change the RMB from the line  menu to something else, leaving the RCB to be programmed to Orbit or Pan.   

Message 11 of 73
Dangerdad137
in reply to: CapGuy

For future web-searchers like me who stumble onto this discussion, the same author has created the add-in for:

MMB = pan

RMB = orbit

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=4978236063737491923&appLang=en&os=Win64

It's precisely what I was looking for, now it has the same binding as Cura.  Hallelujah!

Message 12 of 73
CapGuy
in reply to: Dangerdad137

Hello,

@Dangerdad137 : thank you so much for this alert ! 😄

@pawelzwronek : thank you so much for this new version of your excellent plug-in, which now works as I expected in my craziest dreams ! 😄

Best Regards,
Guy

--
Message 13 of 73
Crazor
in reply to: trash2MDWP8

@trash2MDWP8 wrote:

Have any way use this extension in MacOS (Hight Sierra)?

I am also developer, if you can share sources I can try porting it to Mac OS. As I see, it is requested not only by me 🙂

Thank you!

Any news on the macOS front? I'm willing to contribute. I have written Python, Obj-C and Swift code, but never combined and never for Fusion 360 😉

Message 14 of 73
pawelzwronek
in reply to: Crazor

As wrote before, you need to port 2 files. Repo is here https://github.com/pawelzwronek/fusion360-NoGestures

Message 15 of 73
sarf2k4

Now we have the tinkercad camera control feature, but problem now is the orbit center, could you either make a new addon that is "shift+RMB = set orbit center"? or modify this current one?

Message 16 of 73
cudashark

Has anybody had problems on the latest update with no gesture?

I can't seem to get it working again. All I get when I use RMB is the select dot. I made sure its running and run on open. Installed re-installed repaired and still I get only select dot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have come to relay on the little app.!!!

Ray

Message 17 of 73
Dangerdad137
in reply to: cudashark

I switched to No Gestures, no Shift, here:

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=4978236063737491923&appLang=en&os=Win64

That is not having any trouble on the latest Fusion360.

Message 18 of 73
cudashark

Can anyone help me??

I can't get this to work. It used to but now when I use the right mouse button all I get is the select tool(draw) or the model menu.

Yes I hold down the RMB but still I get the select. I have reinstalled and repaired many times no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Ray

Message 19 of 73
maliwarrior
in reply to: cudashark

Yeah, it does not work for me as well... I changed the 154 and 155 line in script as you mentioned and still nothing. 
Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for help.

@cudashark wrote:

Can anyone help me??

I can't get this to work. It used to but now when I use the right mouse button all I get is the select tool(draw) or the model menu.

Yes I hold down the RMB but still I get the select. I have reinstalled and repaired many times no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Ray

Message 20 of 73
cudashark
in reply to: maliwarrior

Yes I finally figured it out.

In your "preferences" change the "Pan, Zoom, Orbit shortcuts" from "Fusion
360" to "Tinkercad".

It may also work for any other selection other than "Fusion 360"

The dialog box can be found on the "Preferences controlling general UI
behavior" Section of Preferences.

Good luck

Ray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report