Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Add-Ins No Longer Working (per 2.0.7805 update)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
william-c-anderson
682 Views, 5 Replies

Debugging Add-Ins No Longer Working (per 2.0.7805 update)

At least for me, add-ins can no longer be interactively debugged with:

• Autodesk Fusion 360 V 2.0.7805 (updated 2020/03/10), and
  • Visual Studio Code V 1.43.0 (dated 2020/03/09 19:47:57.235 Zulu)

Try it for youself - you can run an add-in (say, SpurGear) OK. But if you try to debug it, F360 starts VS Code as usual, and VS Code acts normally, but you tell it to continue and no commands are added to panels, nor does the add-in register as being active (i.e. able to be stopped).

What we got here, is a failure...to communicate?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Certainly, SpurGear (add-in) cannot be debugged. (Win10)

Message 3 of 6
goyals
in reply to: kandennti

This is surprising considering that We have not made any change in this area. I hope you are still using 2019.9.34911 version of ms extension for vs code. Thanks.

Shyam Goyal
Sr. Software Dev. Manager
Message 4 of 6
duduer
in reply to: goyals

I also found this problem. It can be reproduced by the steps:

1. Start editting add-in in fusion 360.

2. Visual studio code is launched.

3. start debugging in vs code.

4. The python script runs into the fuction run(context), and then runs into the function stop(context) immediately.

I added some log in the script to trace it. If I run the add-in by clicking "run", it doesn't run into the function stop(context) , until the add-in is stopped by click "stop" in fusion 360.

It's seem this problem happenes after the version upgraded yesterday. On my computer, the version directory is "User Directory\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\0da95dd9a049e9de1f4fdf46863c6592da94051d".

Message 5 of 6
goyals
in reply to: duduer

We investigated this problem and a fix will be provided in next Fusion release. Here is a potential workaround. 

Remove following two arguments from launch.json. launch.json is present in .vscode folder inside your add-in directory but this step you need to do every time before you start debugging. Instead you can make similar modification in same file present in AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\0da95dd9a049e9de1f4fdf46863c6592da94051d\Python\vscode folder and restart Fusion. Let us know If it does not work for you. Thanks.

"osx": {"filePath":"${file}"},
"windows": {"filePath":"${file}"},

Shyam Goyal
Sr. Software Dev. Manager
Message 6 of 6
duduer
in reply to: goyals

It works. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report