Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot locate .axmb files.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cholt
569 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot locate .axmb files.

Last night my computer unexpectedly started a systemwide update (IT department scheduled.)

I was in the middle of a modelling session and had just completed a fairly complicated form making exercise and had not saved my model.

Unfortunately, Formit shut down. I searched online and read that a .axmb is supposed to be present for any unsaved changes. I went and reviewed the preferences and my "autosave" section is checked and the interval was set to 10 minutes (I had been working on this modeling effort for probably 30 minutes without saving).

I could not locate any .axmb anywhere in my local computer, or the network location where I held the 'saved file'.

Can someone tell me where/if the .axmb files are saved and if the autosave operation is working?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cholt
in reply to: cholt

Today while re-modeling the same geometry I had Formit crash while trying to copy a face from one object to another side of the same object. This time it crashed and took 45 minutes of work with it.

If there is no way to recover 'autosave' data this program seems too unstable for production use.

Message 3 of 3
josh.goldstein
in reply to: cholt

Hi @cholt,

Really sorry to hear that. Losing work is the absolute worst, and we try to avoid it as much as possible.

The .axmb should be saved right next to the .axm. I assume you've checked there? If you open the .axm again, FormIt should also show a banner that there's a newer autosave present, and offer to open that instead. 

When the app crashed, did it give you the opportunity to send the crash report? We do look at those and fix them. 

Are you using FormIt 2024?

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report