Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average value on face? (Solar Analysis)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
167838 Views, 4 Replies

Average value on face? (Solar Analysis)

Hi

Does anyone know if the value i get when I snap to the center of a face, is the average value of the totale face, or that specific spot? I am trying to get an average value on a month peak.

Thanks!

//Niels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tvollaro
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Niels,

When you run solar analysis in FormIt, it places a grid of insolation points over the entire face that represent the monthly peak BTU/sf for each point (or the yearly cumulative KW/m2 if you change the mode) If you have a shading condition where the color range changes across the face, hover your mouse over various points in the different color range and the tooltip will show you the peak value for that point. I hope this helps!

Tom Vollaro
Experience Design Architect - Autodesk
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tvollaro

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking if it is possible to get an average value of the entire face. That will help me calculate the right solution when I try different sun shading solutions...

Hope you understand

//Niels

Message 4 of 5
tvollaro
in reply to: Anonymous

Ah.. I see. If you want to get average insolation for a face, I would suggest using the Solar Analysis plugin for Revit (are you a Revit user as well?) This uses the same data and algorithms as FormIt - but has the added flexibility of exporting the values to CSV. This will allow you take into something like Excel and calculate an average. 

Tom Vollaro
Experience Design Architect - Autodesk
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tvollaro

Thanks a lot Tom.

I am a Revit user, yes. I will try that

//Niels Ole

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report